The Student Room Group

Nutrition and Dietetics applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Serotonin88
Yes :smile: A literacy test and numeracy test, or at least I think there will be!
I've read that you've applied to Coventry! Have you heard anything about their group interviews?

Good luck with your application and interviews :smile:

I'm considering applying there.. haven't applied yet.

Thanks,you too ☺😊

Well nott & Coventry don't state anything about literacy or numeracy tests.

I've nearlly finished my pS
Hi, anyone had interview for Dietetics Herts
Every University with NHS funding will have maths and english tests because it is a requirement for all courses that do this year. They are not hard btw! Simple addition, multiplication, division ect.. I know Surrey said you can use your calculator for the maths, but Herts said you weren't allowed
Original post by SophieLCx
Every University with NHS funding will have maths and english tests because it is a requirement for all courses that do this year. They are not hard btw! Simple addition, multiplication, division ect.. I know Surrey said you can use your calculator for the maths, but Herts said you weren't allowed

Well Notts doesn't
Has anyone who applied for the nutrition BSc at Nottingham university and Leeds university, had any offers back yet?

I've got 2 offers back from Newcastle uni and Leeds Beckett, but Nottingham and Leeds uni are my favoured choices and I haven't heard anything yet :frown:
are there any boys on this thread? I was told that on this course the gender ratio is around 8:1

There is. Although i do expect i ll be one of very few males.

Applying to Nottingham, Coventry, Cardiff, Herts, Surrey. On an Access to Science course at the moment.

Lost my GCSE certificates though which may be a problem come interviews. Have to buy some more i guess.

Anyone else struggling to get any shadowing experience?
Original post by Jchat24
There is. Although i do expect i ll be one of very few males.

Applying to Nottingham, Coventry, Cardiff, Herts, Surrey. On an Access to Science course at the moment.

Lost my GCSE certificates though which may be a problem come interviews. Have to buy some more i guess.

Anyone else struggling to get any shadowing experience?

Hiya! I've already shadowed a community and a hospital Dietitian but , tbh you have to research and ring bare people.

I'm considering applying for Notts & Coventry.

Good luck x☺☺☺☺☺☺☺
Reply 107
Original post by lollypolly123
Thats brutal! sounds like you were a strong applicant as well :/ If you dont mind me asking, what were you predicted grades? Im starting to worry about my kcl application now :frown:

My predicted chemistry grade was only a D since I did badly last year due to extenuating circumstances (meaning I missed most lessons from January-June), but I am retaking this year and my senior tutor did write a letter of special consideration but I guess they want people who get good grades first time round.
Reply 108
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
Got an interview for surrey on the 25/11! anyone else?

Original post by mb0310
Me too!

OMG!! Me too and got one last night for Surrey 25th Nov?

Last night I got invited to an interview at Surrey on 25/11 as well!!! :smile: I look forward to meeting all of you! But I am so anxious and worried about it. :s-smilie:

Edit: I also just got a letter from Chester inviting me to an interview!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by princessrubicon
Has anyone who applied for the nutrition BSc at Nottingham university and Leeds university, had any offers back yet?

I've got 2 offers back from Newcastle uni and Leeds Beckett, but Nottingham and Leeds uni are my favoured choices and I haven't heard anything yet :frown:

I got an offer from Leeds sometime last week. It was around a week after I had sent off my UCAS
Original post by RDtobe
Last night I got invited to an interview at Surrey on 25/11 as well!!! :smile: I look forward to meeting all of you! But I am so anxious and worried about it. :s-smilie:

I have an interview at Surrey as well for the 25th!! I'm really nervous about it haha. Good luck everyone!!
Original post by Heynothing24
I have an interview at Surrey as well for the 25th!! I'm really nervous about it haha. Good luck everyone!!

Original post by RDtobe

Well done guys :biggrin: For the Surrey interview, do you have any idea how to get to the Duke of Kent Building Reception?
Did anyone else get an interview for Plymouth today??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have applied to Plymouth but only 2 weeks ago. When did you apply?
Reply 113
Good luck to all of those who attended the Surrey interviews today.

I found the multiple mini interviews okay, but it was hard to tell how well I have done and some questions, 4 minutes wasn't enough time and with others it was too much time it appeared!

I was the one in a red and black lace dress :smile:

Now to wait for a possible offer *fingers crossed*
Been a couple of days now, but how did everyone find the Surrey interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got my Surrey interview next Wednesday and was wondering what exactly the day conststed of, questions you were asked and roughly how long each event was? Good luck for getting your offer! 🍀
Hi Guys,

I have an interview with Hertfordshire for dietetics and I was wondering what the dress code is? Do I wear casual clothing or formal clothing? Also, any interview tips? as I am very nervous for this interview
I've got my Surrey interview next Wednesday and was wondering what exactly the day conststed of, questions you were asked and roughly how long each event was? Good luck for getting your offer! 🍀

Hi,
Basically we got there and registered at 10 until about 10:30, had a little lecture thing and orientation for the day until 11:30. We had to do a literacy test for 10 minutes, had lunch for half an hour, then were all taken into a room and sorted into alphabetical order and taken off in groups of 6 for MMIs, which took around 30 mins.
We were told not to tell anyone about the questions so I can't help you there :tongue:
Hope this helped!!
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
Hi,
Basically we got there and registered at 10 until about 10:30, had a little lecture thing and orientation for the day until 11:30. We had to do a literacy test for 10 minutes, had lunch for half an hour, then were all taken into a room and sorted into alphabetical order and taken off in groups of 6 for MMIs, which took around 30 mins.
We were told not to tell anyone about the questions so I can't help you there :tongue:
Hope this helped!!

Thank you so much its helped loads! What time were you asked to get there if it started at 10? :redface: Did you not have a numeracy test too? Also did you have individual interviews after the MMIs? Hope it went ok for you!
Thank you so much its helped loads! What time were you asked to get there if it started at 10? :redface: Did you not have a numeracy test too? Also did you have individual interviews after the MMIs? Hope it went ok for you!

We got there for 10 is what I meant- they also said we were going to have a numeracy test but we didn't. No, we only had the mmis! Oh thankyou, fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest