The Student Room Group

Advice for uni

Hey guys I recently got unconditionally accepted on my UCAS page however although I met my a-level criteria I have yet to receive my GCSE results which required a C in maths however I have still been accepted? Is this because the uni already has my maths results or they accepted me soley based on my a levels?
Could be either, but whichever, good news :smile:
Reply 2
Was just worried they made a mistake or something haha!
Original post by richski1
Was just worried they made a mistake or something haha!

Unis get A level results a few days before you do, I'm not 100% sure it's the same for GCSEs but if it it then they'll already have them. That or their simply happy enough with your A level grades. I'd put them having made a mistake at a distant third on the list possibilities.
Original post by Potally_Tissed
Unis get A level results a few days before you do, I'm not 100% sure it's the same for GCSEs but if it it then they'll already have them. That or their simply happy enough with your A level grades. I'd put them having made a mistake at a distant third on the list possibilities.

No, they don't get GCSEs automatically at all, and they won't have them in advance. It's up to the applicant to send the results to the university themselves. In this case it looks like they are going to take OP regardless.
Reply 5
Thanks thats made me feel better keep getting paranoid about it!
Reply 6
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
No, they don't get GCSEs automatically at all, and they won't have them in advance. It's up to the applicant to send the results to the university themselves. In this case it looks like they are going to take OP regardless.

So say I didn't get a C in maths will I still be accepted?
Original post by Carnationlilyrose

Oh, there you go. You learn something you probably once knew and have since forgotten on occasional days. I'll go to bed now :tongue:
Original post by richski1
So say I didn't get a C in maths will I still be accepted?

If it's gone unconditional, that's what they mean, so yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending