The Student Room Group

Transferring unis advice/support

I would like to transfer universities as I am unhappy with my current uni. I'm a first year undergrad who really wants to continue studying. However, as it's xmas break I'm worried I won't/can't get the support and advice from both my current uni and the unis I'd like to apply to because the UCAS deadline is Jan 31st and I restart uni on Jan 29th. Transferring is a big step and I don't know if I'll get the support/advice needed by the end of January, especially as I've not mentioned transferring to anyone at my current university. Any advice?
Original post by R4spB3rri3s
I would like to transfer universities as I am unhappy with my current uni. I'm a first year undergrad who really wants to continue studying. However, as it's xmas break I'm worried I won't/can't get the support and advice from both my current uni and the unis I'd like to apply to because the UCAS deadline is Jan 31st and I restart uni on Jan 29th. Transferring is a big step and I don't know if I'll get the support/advice needed by the end of January, especially as I've not mentioned transferring to anyone at my current university. Any advice?

Familarise yourself with the Transfer FAQ and contact potential choices from the 2nd of Jan. Think about who you would use as a ref and speak to them ASAP, (ideally someone from your current uni).
Reply 2
1) Decide now if you really don't want to stay at that Uni.
2) Leave / not leave.
3) If appropriate, apply for new degree through UCAS before 31 Jan.
4) Your old school are still there for help/advice. Give your Head of Sixth or a teacher your like/trust a call or drop them an email.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending