The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge 2016 Postgraduate Entry

Scroll to see replies

When did your status change?

If it helps, I just received a conditional offer for MPhil Management. Was in BoGS since last Thursday. :smile: I think they're taking slightly longer because now is the peak season. And yeah you should be fine if you didn't fake your documents, congrats!

Original post by sazs
Thank you so much. I am trying my best at moment not to get my expectations up since I haven't received the official offer yet. But do you really think that at this stage implies a "yes" ?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by sazs
Thank you so much. I am trying my best at moment not to get my expectations up since I haven't received the official offer yet. But do you really think that at this stage implies a "yes" ?

Yes ^^ Unless you've forged your documents/transcripts :P
Reply 2142
Has anybody been nominated for the CHESS doctoral competition by their department? What are the odds...?
Original post by joeyye520
I would not say my profile is as strong as other candidates. The profiles i read on TSR are extremely competitive.
I am from top 5 business school, doing banking and finance course. 1st year 75, 2nd year 72. My grades are dragged down by accounting modules. I scored 80 in two economics modules during the 2nd year and i was top 5 within my reference group.
How about u ? honestly speaking, I am not confident about getting onto the course. I have also received an offer from warwick for the same course, but cam is slightly better than warwick in my opinion

Hey
It seems like we both are in the same boat then. I am from India and have done my undergrad in Economics. So I cannot directly apply for MPhil. I will first have to do this diploma and then if i have sufficient marks will i be given MPhil in the second year. My aggregate in undergrad is around 76 and GRE score is 332. Well i haven't come across many people on this thread who have applied for this course. Most of the applicants are trying for MPhil. But still the competition is going to be really high. I have got no hopes. They should just tell us already. I hate this waiting period :cry:
Have you come across anyone who has been handed an offer(or rejected) for this course ?
I am applying for Gates second round, just wondering if you were shortlisted by the department, will the department send you any email?
hey, did anyone applying for PhD in Chemistry hear back from Gates/Trust?
Original post by rajput05
Hey
It seems like we both are in the same boat then. I am from India and have done my undergrad in Economics. So I cannot directly apply for MPhil. I will first have to do this diploma and then if i have sufficient marks will i be given MPhil in the second year. My aggregate in undergrad is around 76 and GRE score is 332. Well i haven't come across many people on this thread who have applied for this course. Most of the applicants are trying for MPhil. But still the competition is going to be really high. I have got no hopes. They should just tell us already. I hate this waiting period :cry:
Have you come across anyone who has been handed an offer(or rejected) for this course ?

Honestly, I only met one person who applied for the diploma. She has obtained a master degree at cam, and told me that she has gotten an oral offer from the admission office. If you are an econ undergraduate student, you should apply for mphil I think
Honestly, I only met one person who applied for the diploma. She has obtained a master degree at cam, and told me that she has gotten an oral offer from the admission office. If you are an econ undergraduate student, you should apply for mphil I think

I am from India bro and our undergraduation is of 3 years. So we cannot directly apply for the MPhil. We have to apply for the Advanced Diploma even though I have done almost everything they are gonna teach us :/
But atleast it will gurantee a place in Mphil at Cambridge :biggrin:
Original post by rajput05
I am from India bro and our undergraduation is of 3 years. So we cannot directly apply for the MPhil. We have to apply for the Advanced Diploma even though I have done almost everything they are gonna teach us :/
But atleast it will gurantee a place in Mphil at Cambridge :biggrin:

But you have to know the diploma is even more selective than mphil
Has anyone here been allocated to St. Edmund's College?
Original post by RobsErica
Hi everyone,

Has anyone else applied for an Mphil in Multi-Disciplianry Gender Studies?

I applied on 6th Jan and my references were all submitted this Monday just passed. Today my application has changed to "under consideration by department"

Has anyone else been accepted? I'm really worried as I don't come from a great uni, not a top one by any standard and my degree was in drama and classical music, with my dissertation and final projects all focused on gender and feminism. I got mostly firsts in my second year and all firsts in final year, with a first overall.

Just worried I have really taken a risk by applying!

Hi RobsErica I have applied for the same course and was just wondering how your application was going?
But you have to know the diploma is even more selective than mphil

I know but what can I do. Have got no other option.
Reply 2152
Despite my terrible performance at the Physics MASt interview two weeks ago they decided to make me an offer! :biggrin: Now I have offers for both Physics MASt and Part III Maths, and it's not an easy choice. Any advice on what to think about when making this decision? I think both courses have their strengths and weaknesses.
Original post by Alexander I
Has anyone here been allocated to St. Edmund's College?

I'm at St. Edmund's right now for my MPhil. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions!
Hi, I was just wondering if someone knew anything about the MPhil Conservation Leadership offers. Are they sending them yet? My status hasn't changed since forever and I just want to have some kind of answer!
Maybe you can help me with a few questions on colleges and funding? I was offered a place in Newnham (my first choice) and would be happy to accept, but funding-wise my situations seems quite bleak at the moment. So I was wondering:
1. How long can I wait with my acceptance, of both the department and the college's offers?
2. Do you know how graduate students join Newnham every year? I'm trying to estimate my chances of getting one of the college scholarships.
3. Does the "student maintenance" fee include college fees?
...and I thought the tension would be over if I get an offer. :frown:
Anybody received Gates news? Its been so quiet on that front these past couple days...
Reply 2157
Original post by bobbypin
Anybody received Gates news? Its been so quiet on that front these past couple days...

i called today and they said first round interview notifications for the international deadline have gone out. but if you call, the lady on the phone is SUPER nice and if you give her your applicant ID, she'll let you know if you were shortlisted or not to remove uncertainty. i wasn't short-listed, fyi.
Original post by gtx85
i called today and they said first round interview notifications for the international deadline have gone out. but if you call, the lady on the phone is SUPER nice and if you give her your applicant ID, she'll let you know if you were shortlisted or not to remove uncertainty. i wasn't short-listed, fyi.

I'm too scared to call. If I didn't get an email then I wasn't shortlisted... :frown:

I'm so sorry to hear about you. We're probably in the same boat. :console:
(edited 8 years ago)
Just received an offer to study Part III Mathematical Statistics at Cambridge!!!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending