The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge 2016 Postgraduate Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by phantompower
Thanks for sharing. Did you receive any email notification about not being invited for interview before you called her?

I received the email that I wouldn't be interviewed for Gates just this past Friday. But I called her on February 29th and she told me I wasn't going further.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by Matsuaoi
Me too. Is there anyone else?

Same
Hi. I've applied for the same course but heard nothing from them. Do you mind telling me when you applied for it and how long did you wait for it? Thank you.

Original post by cambridgewh
When did your status change?

If it helps, I just received a conditional offer for MPhil Management. Was in BoGS since last Thursday. :smile: I think they're taking slightly longer because now is the peak season. And yeah you should be fine if you didn't fake your documents, congrats!
Original post by Silvia.
Hi. I've applied for the same course but heard nothing from them. Do you mind telling me when you applied for it and how long did you wait for it? Thank you.

Hi! I applied in mid-October with both references in by the end of the month. Took me about 3 months to hear back from the department. When did you apply?
Original post by bobbypin
I received the email that I wouldn't be interviewed for Gates just this past Friday. But I called her on February 29th and she told me I wasn't going further.

Me too. I called the Gates office on 29th February but didn't receive the official email until this Friday.
I applied in mid-December - already 3 months! Sad.

Hi! I applied in mid-October with both references in by the end of the month. Took me about 3 months to hear back from the department. When did you apply?
It is still not the worst. I know someone who kept waiting until 31 July or 1 August before received his rejection!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Silvia.
I applied in mid-December - already 3 months! Sad.

Me too..... I'm still AWAITING considering by department :frown:
Original post by PanditScholar
Not necessarily the case. I received an offer without a formal interview for my Phd in History, and received an offer of a place at my first choice college soon after. I applied for an AHRC studentship, but I haven't heard back since, not even for an interview, so I assume my application for that has been unsuccessful unfortunately. I did read somewhere in one of the Cambridge documents on the web that all AHRC doctoral applicants are nominated for other awards. Thus at the end of the day, I wouldn't the college rejections as any indications of you being rejected for funding.

Hello PanditScholar

Thank you for your message, and congratulations on your offer. I guess there is simply no way for applicants to try and work out the Faculty and Funding decisions before confirmation is received. I notice from this thread that no-one has yet confirmed receipt of any UK/EU funding from the AHRC / VC / Trust, so there is still hope for us yet! Best of luck.

JD
Hi everyone,

Could you tell me if an interview is a requirement for every scholarship, or some of them are just allocated based on your initial application?
I got into Darwin College. Anyone else? Does anyone know much about it?
Good luck to everyone still awaiting offers/funding. I feel your pain because I also hated the waiting game. I will keep my fingers crossed for you all!
Yeah I guess it's because my application is not strong enough - do they even reject anyone??? OR either waiting or getting an offer??

Original post by aware1
Wow that is pretty sad, I heard back within a month and got my offer a few weeks later. So it much be due to the number of applicants and strength of the application. Since they'll only give out more offers when they hear back from those given.
You applied in December as well? Which programme?

Original post by Lisalikesfood
Me too..... I'm still AWAITING considering by department :frown:
I'm still waiting too, but I applied in Jan
The Vice Chancellor Awards are out for PhD students, check the Cambridge Trust website.
Original post by ohwello
The Vice Chancellor Awards are out for PhD students, check the Cambridge Trust website.

Surely that can't be all of them? It says that they award 250 but currently only 30 have been awarded? If you type in vice into the search box only 30 search results come up.

If you type in trust there are only 8 results for the Cambridge Trust and if you type international then there about 6 pages so I don't think people waiting on Home Cambridge Trust or VC should worry just yet?

Hang in there everyone, hope you all get good news soon!
(edited 8 years ago)
Offer for Adv Diploma in Economics!
Just got offered a full AHRC scholarship for the MPhil in Linguistics! Absolutely ecstatic
Reply 2358
Original post by viditdd
Offer for Adv Diploma in Economics!

congrats! I am waiting for the same course.. :frown: mind sharing your profile?

Hi, do you need to pay any deposit for your offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending