The Student Room Group

Applying to Study Law 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hannah394
Does anyone have an offer from Glasgow or Edinburgh? Or know what sort of time they usually start giving out Law offers?

As far as I know Glasgow usually send out offers once the LNAT results are released early February and Edinburgh are known for taking a while, they don't start looking at law applications until the ucas deadline (yesterday) and it can take as long as March to hear from them! 👎🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied yesterday for Law and other combined law courses with AAB:
Queen Mary
University of Surrey
Brunel
London South Bank
Westminister

Haven't received any offers... has anybody applied to the same course/uni and have you received an offer?
SOOOO SCARED keep checking my mail
Just thought I'd drop in here again :smile:

Has anyone heard back from Notts? I've applied over 3 months ago and nothing..

I've heard back from all my other ones. Rejected from Oxford but offered places at Warwick, Bristol and Exeter. Anyone similar?
Original post by ranayounis
Just thought I'd drop in here again :smile:

Has anyone heard back from Notts? I've applied over 3 months ago and nothing..

I've heard back from all my other ones. Rejected from Oxford but offered places at Warwick, Bristol and Exeter. Anyone similar?

you probably applied much earlier than me as I didnt apply for oxbridge but i'm also still waiting.
LNAT taken on 20th Oct, applied on 2nd Nov.
They love to take their time by the looks of it!
Original post by fabruttledge
you probably applied much earlier than me as I didnt apply for oxbridge but i'm also still waiting.
LNAT taken on 20th Oct, applied on 2nd Nov.
They love to take their time by the looks of it!

I applied on 12th October and took my LNAT 9th September. Glad I'm not the only one still waiting! I saw a few people get replies. I'm wondering what's taking them so long?

Where else have you applied?
Original post by hannah394
Does anyone have an offer from Glasgow or Edinburgh? Or know what sort of time they usually start giving out Law offers?

I sat my LNAT in December and got an offer for Law and Politics from Glasgow last week.
Ok I don't know where to post this but I need help....
I took my lnat test on 10 December...I put in my wrong UCAS number and have only just realised his and changed it to the right one on the pearson account info website...
WHAT DO I DO
HAVE I FKED UP MY CHANCE OF GETTING IN
DOES IT AUTOMATICALLY SEND???
Someone tell me they've been in this boat too
Ok I don't know where to post this but I need help....I took my lnat test on 10 December...I put in my wrong UCAS number and have only just realised his and changed it to the right one on the pearson account info website...WHAT DO I DOHAVE I FKED UP MY CHANCE OF GETTING INDOES IT AUTOMATICALLY SEND???Someone tell me they've been in this boat too
Reply 1068
Original post by Unihelp007
Ok I don't know where to post this but I need help....I took my lnat test on 10 December...I put in my wrong UCAS number and have only just realised his and changed it to the right one on the pearson account info website...WHAT DO I DOHAVE I FKED UP MY CHANCE OF GETTING INDOES IT AUTOMATICALLY SEND???Someone tell me they've been in this boat too

Send a email to the LNAT office to report this, and ask for their advise. You may also need to inform the universities you have applied for after you heard back from LNAT. Calm down, your mistake will only delay your receipt of your offer, won't damage your chance of getting into universities. Good Luck!
Original post by RWONG
Send a email to the LNAT office to report this, and ask for their advise. You may also need to inform the universities you have applied for after you heard back from LNAT. Calm down, your mistake will only delay your receipt of your offer, won't damage your chance of getting into universities. Good Luck!

The universities do not get sent LNAT results. It is the universities log on to pearson vue with your UCAS number and get your results. Therefore I presume the universities havnt got your results as they are linked to another UCAS number.
As well as fixing on Pearson view, I would ask your university choices if they have got your LNAT score or not as you suspect a problem. I think they should have communicated with you by now if they were missing
Original post by ranayounis
I applied on 12th October and took my LNAT 9th September. Glad I'm not the only one still waiting! I saw a few people get replies. I'm wondering what's taking them so long?

Where else have you applied?

I'm waiting on Nottingham and Bristol and have offers from Liverpool, Kent and reading. It's so frustrating because I'm still waiting for the two I actually want.

Good luck!
I've gotten Oxford and Nottingham (unconditional) and UCL (easy condition) still waiting on Durham, and rejected from LSE. I don't much care though because if I go to a UK uni it'll be Oxford.
Original post by sebklaine
I've gotten Oxford and Nottingham (unconditional) and UCL (easy condition) still waiting on Durham, and rejected from LSE. I don't much care though because if I go to a UK uni it'll be Oxford.

Well done on your offers! Can I ask what grades you applied with? I'm still painfully waiting for UCL, Edinburgh and Glasgow 👎🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sebklaine

What grades do you have to get an unconditional offer if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fabruttledge
I'm waiting on Nottingham and Bristol and have offers from Liverpool, Kent and reading. It's so frustrating because I'm still waiting for the two I actually want.

Good luck!

They're the two I'm waiting for as well!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rejected by Cambridge, offers from Durham (which I'm firming), Warwick and Exeter, still waiting on Notts! I'm confused, because my LNAT must be fairly decent to have an offer from Durham, but I didn't hear from Nottingham within the two weeks they promised. Just want to finalise my decisions now and get this UCAS stuff over with until August!
Original post by kgsj20
Anyone else have an offer from LSE/ Bristol??

I'm still waiting for Kings and QMUL so to those have offers, when did you get them and when did you apply?

I haven't heard from kings but called them
The other day and said they don't give out offers until after 20th jan (weird as some already have offers) I also got an unconditional from QMUL yesterday and I applied early January!
Update: unconditionals from Oxford, Nottingham, and Durham. Conditional from UCL. Rejected from LSE. Finally done!
LSE is a complete mystery to me. My friends got rejected with IB 43+ (one is a 45er).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offers from: LSE, Cambridge (Fitz) & Nottingham.

Still waiting on Durham/UCL. Applied in Oct, sat LNAT in early Nov but I don't think either received LNAT until end of Dec.

Original post by arian66
Rejected by Cambridge, offers from Durham (which I'm firming), Warwick and Exeter, still waiting on Notts! I'm confused, because my LNAT must be fairly decent to have an offer from Durham, but I didn't hear from Nottingham within the two weeks they promised. Just want to finalise my decisions now and get this UCAS stuff over with until August!

That's funny, I got an offer from Nottingham about 3 weeks after sitting the LNAT and have yet to hear even a peep from Durham yet. Best of luck though :~)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending