The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Possible to request to not be roomed with a certain person?

Hi,

I recently noticed on my halls FB page someone who I do not get along with from my home town, and who i've unfortunately been in feuds with before and i think it would be just my luck to get roomed with said person. I know it sounds incredibly picky but it would make my uni experience hell, is there anyway I could write to MMU Accommodation and request to not be roomed with this person?
Do you not get separate rooms?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Think op means they don't want to be in the same flat or block. All you can do is email the accommodation office with the request & see what they say.
Reply 3
Original post by Cate1976
Think op means they don't want to be in the same flat or block. All you can do is email the accommodation office with the request & see what they say.

Yes! Yeah atleast I can try.
yeah no harm in trying really
Hire a hitman to take him out. Problem solved. Next thread.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TSR1995
Hi,

I recently noticed on my halls FB page someone who I do not get along with from my home town, and who i've unfortunately been in feuds with before and i think it would be just my luck to get roomed with said person. I know it sounds incredibly picky but it would make my uni experience hell, is there anyway I could write to MMU Accommodation and request to not be roomed with this person?

Statistically the chances of you being in the same flat are very small, but I know what it's like for things with small probabilities of happening to happen.

I know of people who move in their first week, if I were you I would send an email saying 'just to check, there is someone I don't want to be roomed with, if they are in the same flat as me could I be moved to a different room?'.
They might talk about confidentiality? not being to say whos where? But i recall I hated all my flatemates and I asked to move down the hall to the end even tho the same flat, since they played music really loud and I was allowed. Like others say the statistical probablity is very low but i definitely know what you mean about having ppl you hate and you constantly obssess of all the possible eventualities.

As a funy side note since they didnt write it up on the records that i moved in there I guess one time when it was holidays i was still in the flat and the cleaners/security came to check the rooms and Id just got out the shower and was stanidng naked on my computer and one of the guys walked in and just stood there frozen for a couple seconds staring at me. Was really awkward when I saw him later looking him in the eyes as I was going out..

Really glad I dont have to deal with such things these days. Was relieved to finally get my own apartment and live on my won :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending