The Student Room Group

Should I take a printer to university?

My dad is insistent on getting me a printer but i don't particularly think it's necessary as there is the library.... is it worth bringing a printer though? (i'm studying accounting and finance, if that makes a difference)
Reply 1
Yes, deffo take a printer. I doubt the library will be free. Plus your own printer would be very convenient.
Why don't you take your fridge with you too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends how close you live to a library and how organised you are.

If you live miles away and the library is closed during certain hours and you're a disorganised person, your own printer can be a lifesaver.

I'm glad I had one tbh.
Reply 4
Could you not e-mail the Uni and ask about their printers?
If your close to the library and organised I think you'd managed, if you're the kind of person who is still working on something the night before then taking one could be a good idea you never know what the printing queue in the library could be on deadline day.
If your dad won't take it back for a refund then you may as well take it. If you have one you'll use it but if you don't you'll be fine as well :smile:
it does come in handy for all sorts of things you might want to print such as tickets for events or coaches etc too or printing lecture notes last minutes, but i have not used mine a great deal. I took it and i'm pleased i did but i would not have bought one specially. A lot of my work is submitted digitally and its easy enough to find a printer on campus for those pieces that werent.
I would get a cheap one that's small and convenient, the one I am getting is about £25 quid and does the job

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending