The Student Room Group

Withdrawing and reapplying?

I've been considering withdrawing from my current uni course for some time. However my parents keep pushing me to redo the first year which I think would not benefit me. They keep going on how it will be more difficult for me to reapply for a new course, given that transferrals for this year aren't a possibility for me, that I should stay on with the course I have because I only have a BCC.

I looked up on Google for anything on the matter and I've only found information on withdrawing and reapplying if I took a gap year. Further more I've read that withdrawing will complicate my student loans, the only thing I've been told is that I am only entitled for 4 years of loans and that I can only get a maintenance loan if I'm full time. But it sounds like withdrawing could cause financial implications if I reapply for another course in other ways which have not been mentioned at all to me.

tl;dr Is it harder to reapply to a university after withdrawing, and what are the possible implications of doing so to my student loans?
I didn't fully understand some of what you said but I think I was in a similar situation last year. I got into my insurance choice but then decided it was not where I wanted to go so I took a year out and retook examinations. Second time round I applied to Bristol, Exeter, UCL, Southampton and Bath and got offers from all apart from UCL, so I don't think withdrawing will have a massive effect on the offers you will be made. I didn't have any problems with the student loans either I just cancelled my application and made a new one for this year :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest