The Student Room Group

Can I apply to a different University using an offer given to me from last year?

Last year I applied to Brighton Uni, however after being here for a few months, I've come to the conclusion that the course wasn't for me. Would I be able to apply to a different Uni that gave me an offer last year that I didn't accept?
Original post by josephwwoodland
Last year I applied to Brighton Uni, however after being here for a few months, I've come to the conclusion that the course wasn't for me. Would I be able to apply to a different Uni that gave me an offer last year that I didn't accept?

You would need to apply again through UCAS for 2024 entry if the course you are interested in is still open to applications (the equal consideration deadline has already passed). Have a read through the first post on the Uni Transfer FAQ thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424
Hi there,

I am sorry to hear you are not enjoying your current course.

If you want to join a university that gave you an offer last year, you will need to withdraw from your current course and reapply through UCAS.

Remember there is no guarantee that the university will accept you again. So make sure to reach out to them prior and ask whether your application is still eligible.

Lastly, you will also need to inform your current university, student finance and UCAS about your withdrawal.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep
Original post by LSBU Student Rep
Hi there,

I am sorry to hear you are not enjoying your current course.

If you want to join a university that gave you an offer last year, you will need to withdraw from your current course and reapply through UCAS.

Remember there is no guarantee that the university will accept you again. So make sure to reach out to them prior and ask whether your application is still eligible.

Lastly, you will also need to inform your current university, student finance and UCAS about your withdrawal.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

There’s no need to withdraw from their current course to submit a new UCAS application. It’s better to finish and pass the year if possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending