The Student Room Group

Where to go for a first date?

First date ideas...

Scroll to see replies

Something significant to you both.

My friend watched this show right. The girl loves loves travelling. The guy knew that. So their first date was in their dance studio (where they met) and he got all these foods from different places of the world. And made her a passport ( a fake one obvs). And was like 'where do u wanna travel to' and she said 'India' so they had Indian food. V v cool because it was especially significant to the girl, so it was just perfect.

However, life is not a tv show so this is horribly unrealistic :frown: but my point still stands. A creative significant date would be a perfect first date idea

Or I guess you could just do cool stuff like ice skating, bowling, go-karting, paintballing, etc?
cinema? restaurant, amusement park, `picnic
or of course.... netflixs and chill ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°),
Original post by angelcake123
Something significant to you both.

My friend watched this show right. The girl loves loves travelling. The guy knew that. So their first date was in their dance studio (where they met) and he got all these foods from different places of the world. And made her a passport ( a fake one obvs). And was like 'where do u wanna travel to' and she said 'India' so they had Indian food. V v cool because it was especially significant to the girl, so it was just perfect.

However, life is not a tv show so this is horribly unrealistic :frown: but my point still stands. A creative significant date would be a perfect first date idea

Or I guess you could just do cool stuff like ice skating, bowling, go-karting, paintballing, etc?

I'm not really sure that constitutes a first date... I mean.. I could do that with my friends or my brother. If I had friends or a less annoying, more friendly brother. The point of a first date is to spend 1 on 1 time with the person surely and thereby get to know them a bit better and to use that as a stepping stone to properly build up your relationship?

The cool stuff you mentioned would surely come afterwards.
Cheeky Nandos obvs :cool:
PFC

On a serious note
Somewhere to eat and some sort of activity that is competive and then a walk in the park/forest 😍
Cheeky Nandos
I'd just go with a classic 'take her/him' out for dinner approach. Or take them for a picnic. Picnics are romantic.

I'm a massive dork though so my first dates usually end up being sorta lame but cute.

My absolute favourite first date I've been on (which was with my current girlfriend) was a trip to Matlock where we got a bag of chips and ate them in the park, went on some rowing boats, went to an aquarium and went back to hers to play xbox games :')
Original post by slytherin snake
I'm not really sure that constitutes a first date... I mean.. I could do that with my friends or my brother. If I had friends or a less annoying, more friendly brother. The point of a first date is to spend 1 on 1 time with the person surely and thereby get to know them a bit better and to use that as a stepping stone to properly build up your relationship?

The cool stuff you mentioned would surely come afterwards.

Ah idk, I just really loved the idea of it. But if it actually happened to me I'd hate it lmao, hate romantic stuff.

And maybe? But on first dates, people tend to be nervous but if you have a lot to do, then you're so busy spending time with each other, you can't really be nervous

What would you suggest instead? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Go sight seeking.

Eat at an all you can eat and challenge her.

Walk around some more/ Picnic.

Home and (depending on how well you did) fun.
Any Restaurant or Places to Eat in particular that people would recommend or have been to themselves? (Preferably in London)
Ah idk, I just really loved the idea of it. But if it actually happened to me I'd hate it lmao, hate romantic stuff.

And maybe? But on first dates, people tend to be nervous but if you have a lot to do, then you're so busy spending time with each other, you can't really be nervous

What would you suggest instead? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eating a meal at an informal restaurant chain. I.e. Nandos, but cooler and more expensive. Where you go is gonna depend on local area. Obviously not a proper super formal restaurant because it is just a first date and this is a student room. We aren't rich lol :P

Or just go for a walk together somewhere nice. Woods? Park? Hills? Countryside? Maybe just a nice residential area lol. Just spend time with another person alone. It's so great for bonding. Always good to have some back-up activity planned incase it gets boring though, like the conversation just dies out. With walks and the like you could always have places where you stop and chat planned out ahead. I like to talk about my childhood when wandering about some pretty areas I'de visit all alone in my youth because I was always weird like that :smile: That also serves the benefit of making them feel closer to you since you are revealing your history to them and it's all quite sentimental.

I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic though so I'de plan this stuff out meticulously :tongue:
Original post by iAmanze
Go sight seeking.

Eat at an all you can eat and challenge her.

Walk around some more/ Picnic.

Home and (depending on how well you did) fun.

Lol dunno about the challenge her at the all you can eat thing. Imagine she's a few stone lighter than you and she wins. might put you right off her LOL. Might not be staying a few stones lighter for very long XD
Original post by Sheraz Imran
Any Restaurant or Places to Eat in particular that people would recommend or have been to themselves? (Preferably in London)

Sultan, Ilford. If you like Turkish food
Reply 14
A walk in the park,
A cafe and chat,
Not an expensive restaurant but not a cheap one either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Isnt it haraam? :erm:
oN TOP OF A HILL IN THE dARK
Original post by slytherin snake
Eating a meal at an informal restaurant chain. I.e. Nandos, but cooler and more expensive. Where you go is gonna depend on local area. Obviously not a proper super formal restaurant because it is just a first date and this is a student room. We aren't rich lol :P

Or just go for a walk together somewhere nice. Woods? Park? Hills? Countryside? Maybe just a nice residential area lol. Just spend time with another person alone. It's so great for bonding. Always good to have some back-up activity planned incase it gets boring though, like the conversation just dies out. With walks and the like you could always have places where you stop and chat planned out ahead. I like to talk about my childhood when wandering about some pretty areas I'de visit all alone in my youth because I was always weird like that :smile: That also serves the benefit of making them feel closer to you since you are revealing your history to them and it's all quite sentimental.

I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic though so I'de plan this stuff out meticulously :tongue:

I love everything about it though! I agree with the walking and talking about childhood bit. Because landmarks are so significant and allows the other individual to know more about you when u talk about it...

Nice thinking:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love everything about it though! I agree with the walking and talking about childhood bit. Because landmarks are so significant and allows the other individual to know more about you when u talk about it...

Nice thinking:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had more than enough time to think about this stuff to be fair :tongue:
Waterlow park is quite nice.

I've also been on a date on Hampstead Heath. Got all the fruit/sandwiches myself and made her cupcakes with her favourite chocolate inside, but that was date maybe 2 or 3.

Maybe a Wagamama or something near you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending