The Student Room Group

How soon are we to WW3?

I'm not saying I personally think it's going to happen, I'm just wondering whether, for those who do think it'll happen, when do they think it will?
Reply 1
Definitely within 15 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Soon enough. Got a bombshelter and **** ready
Reply 3
We just simply wait for either one of NATO or Russia/China to make a wrong move and then pew pew man down.

Edit: My prediction is in the next 10 years.
It's already being carried out by angry, state sanctioned hackers via stock manipulation and the like.

Here is the evidence.
We wont even know it happened..........all the superpowers will hit those giant red "do not press" buttons and the world will pretty much end

Apart from a "undiscovered" tribe living on the equator, who will just carry on sharpening their stick oblivious.
Reply 6
It already happened, you guys just missed it.
Original post by VotreAltesse
I'm not saying I personally think it's going to happen, I'm just wondering whether, for those who do think it'll happen, when do they think it will?

I think within the next 5 years.
Interesting question.

My personal view is that both WW1 and WW2 were brought on due to such different reasons to the problems we're facing today (depending on who we see as the threat of war are), so a time-frame using previous wars can't be used to predict the next one. I don't think Russia or China will start a war for the foreseeable future, in fact, China very recently proclaimed a renewed peace promise.

I think the next war will be one of 'religion', involving ISIS most likely. When will WW3 start? It started with the Arab Spring in North Africa, and I expect it will come to a head within 2/3 years based on the current world issues. I can't see a peaceful end to the events in Syria.
But seriously, having lived through part of the cold war, IRA bombings and the 'war on terror', I am not particularly worried about the current state of world affairs. I appreciate that things must seem bad to you, but I honestly don't think there's much point getting your knickers in a twist.
Won't happen. Everyone has nukes now.
Reply 11
The world is generally much more united and linked than at any point in history. We also have far less nukes knocking about than we did 30 years ago.

Of course it could happen, but I wouldn't lie awake thinking about it.
Not a WW. Two nuclear powers have never had a direct war, and nukes have been around for almost a century.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending