The Student Room Group

Shy girl - what do you make of her?

I work in a shop and there's this girl who works next door who comes in every day. She's pretty cute, but very shy, and she's not one of those customers who has much to say. Really quiet, especially compared to the other girls who work in the same place as her who are usually pretty chatty. But I noticed the other day, she was playing with her hair a lot when I was serving her, and I'm sure I saw her biting her lip. Another time she came in, she bought something with loose change and giggled when I was counting the shrapnel she gave me. Usually when I look at her, it's as if she's deliberately avoiding eye contact with me, and looking in the opposite direction to where I'm stood.

I'm not one of these people who thinks body language means one thing. Like, if a girl touches me on the arm, it doesn't always mean she likes me. But what do you make of this girl's behaviour?

Also, general tips about shy girls?
You can just admit that you like this girl. :gthumb:

Talk to her and find out if she feels the same way.
Aw it's a good start, try and talk to her more, get to know her more etc:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ask her if she wants to hang out in a quiet bar after work, just you and her.
Reply 4
Original post by LonelyDemon
ask her if she wants to hang out in a quiet bar after work, just you and her.

Good shout but I feel I should get to know her a bit first. I don't even know her name! :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Good shout but I feel I should get to know her a bit first. I don't even know her name! :biggrin:

How else are you going to get to know her? You could just ask for her phone number when you ask that and say you'll text her if she's hesitant to meet up with you like that since you're a bit of a stranger.
Reply 6
Original post by slytherin snake
How else are you going to get to know her? You could just ask for her phone number when you ask that and say you'll text her if she's hesitant to meet up with you like that since you're a bit of a stranger.

Because we've barely had a proper conversation. It would be odd if that happened to me.
Don't jump on her by asking her out, just ease into it. Shy girls need a bit of encouragement to open up. Just keep conversing with her m8.
Because we've barely had a proper conversation. It would be odd if that happened to me.

Being asked out typically is rather odd, but that doesn't make it fail to be nice and how else are you going to get to know her? Just ask her if she would desire to get to know you a bit better and in the event that she is hesitant to do so you could suggest instead that you talk to one another via text beforehand to get to know one another a bit better. Smile while doing so and make sure you give her at least a little eye contact. I don't see what else you could do really...
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Don't jump on her by asking her out, just ease into it. Shy girls need a bit of encouragement to open up. Just keep conversing with her m8.

What's he going to do? He can't really say anything more than "hey, how you doing, how is the weather" while he's working and she comes in the store... And it's just an awkward environment to talk to people in anyway...
Original post by slytherin snake
What's he going to do? He can't really say anything more than "hey, how you doing, how is the weather" while he's working and she comes in the store... And it's just an awkward environment to talk to people in anyway...

How many relationships have you been in that started by you asking the girl out before you even knew her name?
How many relationships have you been in that started by you asking the girl out before you even knew her name?

With online dating you go on a date with people before you've even seen them in real life!
I would ask her name next time and introduce yourself by saying what's your name etc then go from there.

Say something about the long day at work or something as you can both relate to that.

Find something common- say you are also a fan of whatever she is buying maybe?

Compliment her subtly like say something along the lines of "nice hair" or "you suit that shirt"
But be careful, some girls might take that in the wrong way so judge yourself

Be humorous like playfully say you don't have enough change left to give her money back or something.

Another thing is do you ever go next door to where she works?

Buy something from there and say something witty like "my shop is better than yours" just be yourself really.

If the worst comes to worst , just say how great the weather is.

I'm a shy girl myself and this is probably what I'd do if I was you and don't ask her out like the others have said -.- that will just scare her away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending