The Student Room Group

Psychology BSc in Edinburgg - do you need 2 sciences?

Hello

I am in year 13 just achieved AACD (bio psych history and chemistry respectively) and am redoing history and dropping chemistry

Even though the Psychology degree states that it has to be 2 sciences will bio and psych suffice? Do I still have a good chance of getting in without chemistry?

Also does Edinburgh not have 3 year BSc courses?

I'm thinking of going into Clinical Psychology so any ideas would be appreciatef

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TrojanH
Hello

I am in year 13 just achieved AACD (bio psych history and chemistry respectively) and am redoing history and dropping chemistry

Even though the Psychology degree states that it has to be 2 sciences will bio and psych suffice? Do I still have a good chance of getting in without chemistry?

Also does Edinburgh not have 3 year BSc courses?

I'm thinking of going into Clinical Psychology so any ideas would be appreciatef

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edinburgh website states required grades are ABB two of which are to be sciences (being biology chemistry physics or maths - so psychology appears not to count) - it also sets out quite strict GCSE requirements.

Think most of the Scottish unis are 4 year courses - don't know anything about the education system in Scotland but I think its set up slightly differently than England.

Are you considering any unis in other parts of the UK or just Scotland?
Reply 2
Edinburgh is just where I visited and it seemed like a great city. Have been to some others and I am considering all UNIs. Live up north so Manchester Newcastle are close to home.

What would be best to get into Clinical Psychology, wanting to do a 4 year degree that goes straight into the masters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

Quick Reply

Latest