The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
What was Q1? Everybody seems to have had problems.
Reply 121
OH MY GOSH! I’m well pissed off that was a fuckign mission of a paper, I thought last years paper was a breeze compared to today’s beast, it took the fuckign biscuit! I got a B on last years paper and I’ll be lucky if I pass on this one, the grade boundaries bess be low otherwise bye bye to medicine! Also P2 bess be a walk in the park if edexcel are to retain any of their dignity!!!!!
i dont rekon the boundaries will go down at all, when u copare this forum to last years one , ull c why,
they dont adjust grade boundaries unless its totally necessary, last year everyone messed up so they had to
check out last years forum there were ppl who couldnt do ne questions let along jsut one or two
http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=7636
Reply 123
It was soooooo hard!
I think last years was much easier...
I did the partial fractions, half of the factor theorem, the derivatives, the integral and some of the differential equations...
Could've done better though.....I guess I'll retake it next January :/
Reply 124
It wasn't as bad as I expected, I did all the "show/prove" questions right yayyyyy...:smile:

I should have got between 60-70 out of 75 which by my standards is great.
Reply 125
I found it hard - the questions seemed to be designed to catch you out too.. did anyone get the question where u= 1+sin x right - I had an extra 7 at the end?
Reply 126
u mean the integration ?

Did anyone do that parametric equation with P and coordinates (a,something) ?
Reply 127
Aylia
I found it hard - the questions seemed to be designed to catch you out too.. did anyone get the question where u= 1+sin x right - I had an extra 7 at the end?
I got that right woo woo woo...the 7 cancelled out with the -6 or something...so i got 1 left which was what they wanted

The only one I must have messed up loads is the rates/oil question. Forgot to look over that again after last week when i revised it :frown:
Reply 128
I did the exams in June 2003, Jan 2004 and this years... P3 because i kept getting low marks! I think that this years is the easiest by far! + all questions were simple...
Reply 129
toxi
u mean the integration ?

Did anyone do that parametric equation with P and coordinates (a,something) ?
Yeah by finding out t and then putting it in the x equation?
that wasn't too bad, although that (1 + sinx)^6[6sinx -1] + C (or whatever)
question had me stressing for a while, but i got it in the end. hopefully i've only dropped less than 10 or so marks, and so i can get that A in Further maths :smile:
Reply 131
Adhsur
I got that right woo woo woo...the 7 cancelled out with the -6 or something...so i got 1 left which was what they wanted

woo, I did that, although I skipped it out at first - it just looked too evil
Reply 132
mathematician
i dont rekon the boundaries will go down at all, when u copare this forum to last years one ,

what were last years grade boundaries?
Reply 133
What does everyone think that an A will be out of 75?
Reply 134
Adhsur
Yeah by finding out t and then putting it in the x equation?

How much did u find t?
Mine was like pi/6 if I remember well....

The paper was a bitch......
Reply 135
Adhsur
What does everyone think that an A will be out of 75?

50-53
Reply 136
Adhsur

The only one I must have messed up loads is the rates/oil question. Forgot to look over that again after last week when i revised it :frown:

I worked it all out and then added c at the end, so I got 4t^2, which I know is wrong. Quite annoyed about that, if I'd put it in earlier I was on track for the right answer :rolleyes:
Reply 137
last years grade boundaries any one?
I thought it was really hard too, and everybody i know did. Managed to do most of Q8, which is the qustion i normally find hard. Yeah no 1 was a bitch! If fact so was the whole paper, i go to a grammar school, and everyone who took it found it hard! And no retake either as this is the only attempt!
Reply 139
toxi
How much did u find t?
Mine was like pi/6 if I remember well....

The paper was a bitch......
Was t 60 or something? Whatever it was it was a nice round number...cos t being 0.5 or something...

Latest

Trending

Trending