The Student Room Group

Extrenuating Circumstances

Hi Everyone,

Its my first time posting so please be gentle, I've come here for advice before I start making phone calls.

Basically I have been granted extenuating circumstances and now have to hand in my coursework in January. It says on the email from the university that there will be no fee for this however my question is would I be able to request a further maintenance loan from student finance in order to complete my studies? I'm so broke and will find it very difficult to finish whats left of my course without any further funding. I've spoken to a few people from the university but they do not know either.

Any answer/help/advice would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks
The only advise I can offer is to seek advise from the people who can give you a definitive answer on your specific set of circumstances. I appreciate you are seeking reassurance from people who have been through similar circumstances but every case is different and it would be silly to get your hopes up only to find the reality of your situation was quite different.

Good luck!
Reply 2
As a guide, only full-time students get Maintenance Loans/Grants. If the uni officially class you as part-time, then you would only qualify for the Tuition Fee Loan which wouldn't be any use to you as you aren't paying one.

You need to check direct with Student Finance, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending