The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Bursary question

I was looking at the york university website and I noticed the York bursary which is £2400 in your first year if your parents earn below a certain amount and it says you don't have to apply. I am eligible for the bursary but I was wondering if I will definitely get it because it says you won''t be notified until the end of October but I am trying to plan out how much money I will have to spend.
Reply 1
Original post by jake-1996
I was looking at the york university website and I noticed the York bursary which is £2400 in your first year if your parents earn below a certain amount and it says you don't have to apply. I am eligible for the bursary but I was wondering if I will definitely get it because it says you won''t be notified until the end of October but I am trying to plan out how much money I will have to spend.

If you have declared on SFE that your parents'/household income is lower than that certain amount, then you will almost definitely get it.

Surprised it's late October though as two years ago I believe got it at the start of September. Perhaps drop an email here: [email protected]
University of York
York
Original post by jake-1996

Hi there,

Our advice is that if your household income, as submitted to student finance, is under £25,000, then you will receive the Bursary. There is no limit to the number of bursaries that are given, students just need to meet the income threshold requirement.

We are currently undertaking the assessment and unfortunately cannot check individual queries at the moment.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Helen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending