The Student Room Group

Charity Work on an Educational Psychology Personal statement?

Does charity work look good on an Educational Psychology Personal statement? I have been unable to find much work experience relating to this topic! I have worked in a primary school a few times as work experience, but obviously as I'm still in school it's difficult to find work experience within term time without missing any school! I have also done some charity work at Oxfam and at a Willen Hospice charity coffee shop. Would these be appropriate/relevant?
Thanks!
Charity work doesn't really constitute relevant work experience.

Having said that, a psychology degree doesn't require you to have any experience so you'll be fine.
If you're still at school, what you do now will have little importance when applying for the doctorate (assuming that's what you're talking about?) and Noodlzzz is right for the undergrad
Reply 3
Original post by *Interrobang*
If you're still at school, what you do now will have little importance when applying for the doctorate (assuming that's what you're talking about?) and Noodlzzz is right for the undergrad

I'm applying for an undergrad degree in psychology for some universities (in which I will then go on to do a doctorate or PGCE) or and educational undergrad degree in some others :smile: Thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by Noodlzzz
Charity work doesn't really constitute relevant work experience.

Having said that, a psychology degree doesn't require you to have any experience so you'll be fine.

Thanks! That helps!
Original post by Ellena_G
I'm applying for an undergrad degree in psychology for some universities (in which I will then go on to do a doctorate or PGCE) or and educational undergrad degree in some others :smile: Thank you!

If by education, you mean a degree with QTS, then you can't apply for both that and psychology with one PS - the PSs will have different requirements

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending