The Student Room Group

Running away

Why do I feel like I'm running away from the girl I love. We talk but I don't further the conversation and I just run away because I don't know what to do. Every time I fall in love with someone I just begin to run and distance myself from them.

Scroll to see replies

You're not ready.
What are the reasons for your running away? That's what we have to establish first of all.
Original post by Anonymous
Why do I feel like I'm running away from the girl I love. We talk but I don't further the conversation and I just run away because I don't know what to do. Every time I fall in love with someone I just begin to run and distance myself from them.

Don't run away
Is it that you actually don't have something official going on, or she doesn't know about it?
Don't fall in love with someone if you're going to run away!!!
Reply 6
Original post by shawn_o1
You're not ready.

Part of me wants to be ready the other part doesn't its tearing me apart.
Reply 7
Original post by Thickfreakness
What are the reasons for your running away? That's what we have to establish first of all.

I can't explain it maybe I'm scared of heart break and how it will affect everything else.

Original post by SeanFM
Is it that you actually don't have something official going on, or she doesn't know about it?
Reply 8
Original post by SeanFM

I don't have a girlfriend.
Reply 9
Don't fall in love with someone if you're going to run away!!!

But part of me wants too the other half wants to run away. Please help I want to stop running.
Reply 10
But part of me wants too the other half wants to run away. Please help I want to stop running.

Why are you running away? Just can't handle close relationships perhaps? Can't open up?
Original post by Mancini
Why are you running away? Just can't handle close relationships perhaps? Can't open up?

I can't understand why I am running this is the problem. As soon as I develop emotions for someone I want to just run away.
Reply 12
I can't understand why I am running this is the problem. As soon as I develop emotions for someone I want to just run away.

The idea of communication is that you try and give us some answers in order to help you otherwise we might aswell be talking to a brick wall. Perhaps this is down to some childhood experience, I could be wrong but then again you are not saying much so all people can do is speculate.
Original post by Mancini
The idea of communication is that you try and give us some answers in order to help you otherwise we might aswell be talking to a brick wall. Perhaps this is down to some childhood experience, I could be wrong but then again you are not saying much so all people can do is speculate.

The thing is I cant communicate if I don't know I need help with finding out and how to stop running.
Don't get into relationships then. The girls you are running from also end up hurt thanks to your running away. Leave them be to be with someone who will be with them.
Original post by Mancini

After thinking I realised I was neglected as a child by my mother. Any help in overcoming this?
Reply 16
After thinking I realised I was neglected as a child by my mother. Any help in overcoming this?

Outside visiting a psychologist for cbt therapy , I would say you tackle it head on. You had problems with your mother in the past well talk about it with your girlfriend use it as something that brings you together rather then separates you. This way at least she may understand you, get close to her and have a good cuddle this can be very therapeutic in itself. You have to learn to slowly destroy this psychological problem that is controlling you and ending your relationships. Eventually you may be more confident in communicating with your partner in relationships, if you can't do it with romantic partners yet do it with friends you trust.
Original post by Mancini
Outside visiting a psychologist for cbt therapy , I would say you tackle it head on. You had problems with your mother in the past well talk about it with your girlfriend use it as something that brings you together rather then separates you. This way at least she may understand you, get close to her and have a good cuddle this can be very therapeutic in itself. You have to learn to slowly destroy this psychological problem that is controlling you and ending your relationships. Eventually you may be more confident in communicating with your partner in relationships, if you can't do it with romantic partners yet do it with friends you trust.

Thanks for your post. Because of what happened I never really ever had any close close friends. Ones that i shared personal stuff with as this happened when I was quite young. I built my defences up high and never let myself be vulnerable again this was a terrible mistake. The good thing is I am rediscovering myself, everything always corrects itself and these past few months have been very eye opening to me. I realise now how important the parent-child bond is and the consequences it can have on a child. Thanks for your post it really helped me. I am still 16 atm so it's a good thing I realised now and the future looks bright. :smile:
Reply 18
Thanks for your post. Because of what happened I never really ever had any close close friends. Ones that i shared personal stuff with as this happened when I was quite young. I built my defences up high and never let myself be vulnerable again this was a terrible mistake. The good thing is I am rediscovering myself, everything always corrects itself and these past few months have been very eye opening to me. I realise now how important the parent-child bond is and the consequences it can have on a child. Thanks for your post it really helped me. I am still 16 atm so it's a good thing I realised now and the future looks bright. :smile:

Great , it's never too late to improve when you know where you are going wrong and why :smile:

Probably because you believe that a label applied to a relationship is a label applied to you as an individual. Probably because you believe that any such label is restrictive, and compels you to behave in a certain way, or conform to a certain standard of behaviour, or a certain mode of thought. Probably because it gives you something to live up to.

On all counts, you'd be right. Tell her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending