The Student Room Group

Skin issues

I don't know if it's typical but I keep getting raised skin follicles, doctor said it was infected follicles how I don't know. Four courses of differing antibiotics later the issue still isn't resolved. It's only on one side though recently my skin (arms butt legs back sides) itch like crazy but no real rash just redness I'm thinking could it be washing detergent. I use dermal 500 (as body wash) have done for years as I have sensitive skin and that doesn't seem to pose an issue however I recently changed my detergent about six months ago but I probably conclude that it might be washing powder related because all that has changed and I don't think that it's an infection at this point any more though I don't want to waste the doctors time as the NHS is at breaking point practically

I use a Ariel actilift gel and varying softener so could this be the issue I changed from a powder formulation to a liquid gel I'm not sure if that would cause an issue but I'm trying to ascertain whether anyone has an alternative suggestion or knows if this is common I was under the impression biological detergents no longer cause skin issues.

Any advice or tips would be appreciated at this point thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm allergic to biological detergents so it's definitely possible. I also have very sensitive skin.

I used to use Persil non-bio and never had any problems with that.

It wouldn't hurt you to try a different detergent especially as other things aren't working to fix the issue.

Quick Reply

Latest