Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Scraped side of my car, how much will it cost to repair? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm absolutely gutted, yesterday I completely misjudged the space needed to get into a tight parking space and scraped the side of my car on a pillar. There's one quite deep scrape and a good few scratches now. I've been driving for three months

How much do you guys think it would cost to repair? Could this be done at the local Kwikfit?

What happens if I don't get it fixed? Will it rust and spread? I don't know much about car maintenance unfortunately.

All help appreciated.

For some reason the image has attached the wrong way up, it should be rotated 90 degrees clockwise...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Bump, anyone?

ReputationRep:
    No idea about pricing but for the love of god don't go to kwikfit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shorty94)
    No idea about pricing but for the love of god don't go to kwikfit

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what's wrong with kwikfit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jawline?)
    what's wrong with kwikfit?
    They will rip you off, tr. Look for a local body shop or mobile body repair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earthworm)
    They will rip you off, tr. Look for a local body shop or mobile body repair.
    oh right, i've never been there was just wondering why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phagocyte)
    I'm absolutely gutted, yesterday I completely misjudged the space needed to get into a tight parking space and scraped the side of my car on a pillar. There's one quite deep scrape and a good few scratches now. I've been driving for three months

How much do you guys think it would cost to repair? Could this be done at the local Kwikfit?

What happens if I don't get it fixed? Will it rust and spread? I don't know much about car maintenance unfortunately.

All help appreciated.

For some reason the image has attached the wrong way up, it should be rotated 90 degrees clockwise...
    That picture is extremely graphic, please put it in a spoiler. Btw it probably depends on the car and its colour I think..

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies. Anyone have any idea about how much it will be to get it repaired?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phagocyte)
    Thanks for the replies. Anyone have any idea about how much it will be to get it repaired?
    I had a quote from a main dealer of 720 for a similar scratc/dent, i plan to take it to my local body shop and get a new quote, illlet you know what they say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earthworm)
    I had a quote from a main dealer of 720 for a similar scratc/dent, i plan to take it to my local body shop and get a new quote, illlet you know what they say.
    Wow, that's insane! You could get another car for that price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jawline?)
    Wow, that's insane! You could get another car for that price.
    Yeah that was the main dealer tho, they usualy deal with insurance companies so can rip you off. Will try to take car to body shop today..

ReputationRep:
    what car is it?
    Do you have electric windows/mirrors?

sometimes it might be cheaper to find a correct colour matched door in a scrapyard and swap them over.
    It isn't hard to do but maybe not a DIY task if you can't assemble a flatpack.

ReputationRep:
    It will cost precisely £322.68

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 26, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.