The Student Room Group

Scraped side of my car, how much will it cost to repair?

I'm absolutely gutted, yesterday I completely misjudged the space needed to get into a tight parking space and scraped the side of my car on a pillar. There's one quite deep scrape and a good few scratches now. I've been driving for three months :frown:

How much do you guys think it would cost to repair? Could this be done at the local Kwikfit?

What happens if I don't get it fixed? Will it rust and spread? I don't know much about car maintenance unfortunately.

All help appreciated.

For some reason the image has attached the wrong way up, it should be rotated 90 degrees clockwise...
Reply 1
Bump, anyone?
No idea about pricing but for the love of god don't go to kwikfit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Shorty94
No idea about pricing but for the love of god don't go to kwikfit

Posted from TSR Mobile

what's wrong with kwikfit?
Original post by Jawline?
what's wrong with kwikfit?

They will rip you off, tr. Look for a local body shop or mobile body repair.
Reply 5
Original post by earthworm
They will rip you off, tr. Look for a local body shop or mobile body repair.

oh right, i've never been there was just wondering why
Original post by Phagocyte
I'm absolutely gutted, yesterday I completely misjudged the space needed to get into a tight parking space and scraped the side of my car on a pillar. There's one quite deep scrape and a good few scratches now. I've been driving for three months :frown:

How much do you guys think it would cost to repair? Could this be done at the local Kwikfit?

What happens if I don't get it fixed? Will it rust and spread? I don't know much about car maintenance unfortunately.

All help appreciated.

For some reason the image has attached the wrong way up, it should be rotated 90 degrees clockwise...

That picture is extremely graphic, please put it in a spoiler. Btw it probably depends on the car and its colour I think..
Reply 7
Thanks for the replies. Anyone have any idea about how much it will be to get it repaired?
Original post by Phagocyte
Thanks for the replies. Anyone have any idea about how much it will be to get it repaired?

I had a quote from a main dealer of 720 for a similar scratc/dent, i plan to take it to my local body shop and get a new quote, illlet you know what they say.
Reply 9
Original post by earthworm
I had a quote from a main dealer of 720 for a similar scratc/dent, i plan to take it to my local body shop and get a new quote, illlet you know what they say.

Wow, that's insane! You could get another car for that price.
Original post by Jawline?
Wow, that's insane! You could get another car for that price.

Yeah that was the main dealer tho, they usualy deal with insurance companies so can rip you off. Will try to take car to body shop today..
what car is it?
Do you have electric windows/mirrors?

sometimes it might be cheaper to find a correct colour matched door in a scrapyard and swap them over.
It isn't hard to do but maybe not a DIY task if you can't assemble a flatpack.
Reply 12
It will cost precisely £322.68

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending