The Student Room Group

Worst pain you have experianced so far?

Scroll to see replies

Stubbed my toe :colondollar:
Getting stabbed was quite unpleasant, I must say.
Reply 42
Hang on,

Original post by parrot16
Worst pain you have experienced so far?

Waddya mean, "so far"?
Reply 43
Braces put on my teeth, the day after. My teeth were soo sensitive, I didn't eat all day. Plus since they were new to my mouth, it started slightly cutting the inside of my cheeks.
I had boils under my arm and my grandma applied hot turmeric paste onto it. I nearly passed out from how painful it was
I've had my fair share of pain stories e.g. having migraines, simultaneous tonsilitus and sinusitis, a scissor go through my foot, having glass get stuck in my knee. But the most painful was when I woke up in the middle of the night and I had a "charley horse". It happens every now and then and my leg cramps up and I know it's coming if I stretch my leg a particular way by accident. It feels like my leg is being torn apart and I want to scream and cry and I usually have to hold my leg down because it's so bad and massage vigorously but nothing works and I walk funny for the next few days due to the soreness. Thank God it only lasts a minute or so.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pulled a muscle in my leg while playing league
Original post by TheGreatImposter
I've had my fair share of pain stories e.g. having migraines, simultaneous tonsilitus and sinusitis, a scissor go through my foot, having glass get stuck in my knee. But the most painful was when I woke up in the middle of the night and I had a "charley horse". It happens every now and then and my leg cramps up and I know it's coming if I stretch my leg a particular way by accident. It feels like my leg is being torn apart and I want to scream and cry and I usually have to hold my leg down because it's so bad and massage vigorously but nothing works and I walk funny for the next few days due to the soreness. Thank God it only lasts a minute or so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I hate those! They ruin my sleep completely!
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Oh I hate those! They ruin my sleep completely!

I usually have tears in my eyes and can't make a noise because everyone is sleeping, it's horrible :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Basically my worst pain was during MW3, as this was the time you could get an M.O.A.B.... Basically I was on a 24 kill streak.. and unfortunately I got across the map tomohawk. That was the worst pain in my life not getting my M.O.A.B. Plus it was TDM not infected where you could just boost to get an M.O.A.B
Original post by TheGreatImposter
I usually have tears in my eyes and can't make a noise because everyone is sleeping, it's horrible :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup that happens to me too!
After spinal surgery. I got a trapped nerve and it felt like I was being stabbed with burning hot knives.
Had some experiences which most would find painful , like diving head first into a sharp edged wall. (stitches suck)
Table tennis table fell on my back at 7yrs old, or when the hair dryer sliced a chuck off my finger off at 10yrs.
EDIT: emotional would probably be when I was can't stop thinking about death, usually at night..
(edited 8 years ago)
Physically, it would have to be pms symptoms (eg migraine, stomach pain). It really is unberable.
got hit by a lorry:s-smilie:
Physical pain?

I've broken a fair few bones over the years but the most painful injuries I've had were:

1. Dislocated shoulder. Easily the most painful. Hurt like hell.

2. Sprained intercostal muscles (those are the muscles between the ribs). I couldn't really move for a few days with that one.
Original post by parrot16
What is the worst pain you have ever been in so far? What did you do about it?
The worst pain I have experienced was few days ago- I was woken up by an excruciating migraine so I started screaming in pain and rocking back and forth. My mum woke up and gave me some paracetamol which didn't even work- probably because I was throwing up. I was throwing up for 6 hours and was unable to keep anything down- Mum nearly called an ambulance because I was confused and dehydrated. I was dizzy, shaking and had the worst migraine of my life so far. But it passed after 6 hours- I was lucky it did or I would have probably die of dehydration. What is your story?

I had 4 teeth removed from like inside the gum, like above where your teeth usually are... they were the size of my thumb's nail and they had to dislocate my jaw and everything.
Reply 58
Original post by e aí rapaz
1. Dislocated shoulder. Easily the most painful. Hurt like hell.

I worked with a bloke who was off for weeks when he dislocated his elbow. He said he passed out from the pain when they were trying - and repeatedly failing - to manipulate it back in. He said they waited for him to come round before carrying on because they needed his opinion on whether it felt right when it went in. :eek:
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I was born premature and my back wasnt formed straight. It curved at a 60 degree angle
They put titanium rods in my back to straighten it and it added an extra inch to my height 😊
I just cant grow taller in my upper body but my lower body can still grow
I cant play contact sports incase i end up breaking the spine :smile:

Oh gosh, the surgery sounds scary :frown: My spine is curved too but I haven't been put down for the surgery just yet. I get back pain all the time - one moment the other month was the worst pain I have ever experienced because sudden sharp pains just attacked every part of my spine as well as the front, back and middle of my rib cages and made it very difficult to breath. My body is similar too, my legs grew much more than my torso. My curvature isn't as severe as 60 degrees though, but other than not being able to do those sports, you've recovered just fine? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest