The Student Room Group

Happiest/Saddest/Angriest you have felt so far in life?

you can do one or all three

I will start

Happiest
Getting a good grade in my BTEC
founding out i had got a place at my high school
in high school finding out i was in set 1 for Spanish which was stunning
also when my team Bolton beat the drop in 2008

Saddest
apart from family members dying , watching Bolton get relegated in 2012 , also Muamba collapsing early that year.

Angriest
i remember snapping when my mate kept calling me names - that is about it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
2015 has been the worst year of my life - non-stop since January... that's all I'm gonna say about that :h:
Hi,

Off the top of my head:

Happiest:
The moment I've managed to buy a ticket to see my favourite band live.
Seeing my favourite band live (I'm always at my happiest for that hour-or-so).
Realising I hadn't fudged my degree up after difficult personal times during University).
Finding out I've been offered new job and a place to study at Postgraduate level, both in a different city, meaning I can finally get away.

Saddest:
When my Mum died.
Having to tell my Grandma (Mum's Mum) that my Mum had died.
Realising that the people interviewing me weren't going to let my commute and that I'd blown it. (Still upsets me now).

Angriest:
When I went back to University for the first lecture of our final year and a friend/classmate said that she was sorry about my Mum dying (It had happened 3 weeks earlier) and straight away, without pausing, she asked me if it was Cancer (it wasn't) and when I explained what illness it actually was, she went on to tell me how her friend's Mum has it and asked me if my Mum had joint pain or whatever. (Like, yeah but it was a hell of a lot more than that seeing as she died, duuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh).
When some people who interviewed me (see above), laughed at me as I was so nervous and at the end one patronised me by explaining that he thought that commuting would be stressful (Ermmmmm yeah and so would struggling to pay rent on a flat in London on a support worker's salary).
When my colleague asked me the other day if I help my Mum at home with cooking etc (Think we must have been talking about being tired from work) and I felt like smacking her. She knows that I live with my Dad and Brother).

x
Happiest:
Right now. I'm happy with school, friendships and getting there on the relationship side of things haha. I think I've worked out who I am a bit and what I want to do, so hopefully things will just get better.

Saddest:
About year 9 ish kinda time. School was awful, and I think the time between 13-15 are probably some of the worst years of anybody's life (so cringe looking back)
Reply 4
Happiest- during my last relationship, when i had someone to cherish and confide in.
When i reflect on, and appreciate the past.

Saddest- whenever i feel inadequate mainly.
When i reminisce about life and the various choices i could have made.
Getting detentions as a kid?
Getting locked out.
Dying in runescape as a kid.

Angriest- mainly angry with myself, so... Gcse results day, the days following.

When I do 4 reps instead of 5 on deadlifts/squats.

When my teacher told me i got an a* after eng lang remark, but i found out i got an A.

Losing my ex.
After reading your comment I just feel like giving you a hug :hugs:
I was reading a book today and it said when you're thinking a bad thought - like about the job interview - if you sing it in your head to the tune of happy birthday then it helps you not feel so bad ^^ I wonder if it works or not :smile:
Original post by Little Old Me

x

3 weeks before uni? Bless you, well done for getting through it, you have admirable resilience

My mother has been disabled for 10 years now and it will be the cause of her death one day, along with my dad also. I don't know what I'll do when it happens
Original post by Hevachan
After reading your comment I just feel like giving you a hug :hugs:
I was reading a book today and it said when you're thinking a bad thought - like about the job interview - if you sing it in your head to the tune of happy birthday then it helps you not feel so bad ^^ I wonder if it works or not :smile:

Aww, what a lovely idea, thank you! I'll have to try it :hugs:x
Happiest:
Getting a b in chemistry
Getting good grades at uni
Hugging my dog every day

Saddest:
Lying in bed when I suffered from depression and feeling so sad I thought I'd die from the feeling

Angriest:
I've really not got any memorable angry moments tbh!
Reply 9
Happiest:
When I dodged a slap from my dad when I played with a fire extinguisher
and
probably when I got accepted to uni with a bad result

Saddest:
My Playstation 2 dying (and ofc a family member)

Angriest:
I forgot the reason, all I know my parents were colossal douches that day
and/or
My brother being a douche (Also forgot)
and/or
Buddy "bullying/banter" on a tennis court (led to a fist fight)
Original post by antigone-
3 weeks before uni? Bless you, well done for getting through it, you have admirable resilience

My mother has been disabled for 10 years now and it will be the cause of her death one day, along with my dad also. I don't know what I'll do when it happens

Yeah, before the final year of uni. Thanks. Oh gosh, I'm very sorry to hear that, it's scary isn't it? Do you have any support? It's hard when you feel alone and like nobody will understand what you've been through/are going through x
Hi,

Off the top of my head:

Happiest:
The moment I've managed to buy a ticket to see my favourite band live.
Seeing my favourite band live (I'm always at my happiest for that hour-or-so).
Realising I hadn't fudged my degree up after difficult personal times during University).
Finding out I've been offered new job and a place to study at Postgraduate level, both in a different city, meaning I can finally get away.

Saddest:
When my Mum died.
Having to tell my Grandma (Mum's Mum) that my Mum had died.
Realising that the people interviewing me weren't going to let my commute and that I'd blown it. (Still upsets me now).

Angriest:
When I went back to University for the first lecture of our final year and a friend/classmate said that she was sorry about my Mum dying (It had happened 3 weeks earlier) and straight away, without pausing, she asked me if it was Cancer (it wasn't) and when I explained what illness it actually was, she went on to tell me how her friend's Mum has it and asked me if my Mum had joint pain or whatever. (Like, yeah but it was a hell of a lot more than that seeing as she died, duuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh).
When some people who interviewed me (see above), laughed at me as I was so nervous and at the end one patronised me by explaining that he thought that commuting would be stressful (Ermmmmm yeah and so would struggling to pay rent on a flat in London on a support worker's salary).
When my colleague asked me the other day if I help my Mum at home with cooking etc (Think we must have been talking about being tired from work) and I felt like smacking her. She knows that I live with my Dad and Brother).

x

Sorry for your loss :smile:
Yeah, before the final year of uni. Thanks. Oh gosh, I'm very sorry to hear that, it's scary isn't it? Do you have any support? It's hard when you feel alone and like nobody will understand what you've been through/are going through x

It is but tbf I have it much better than some. My mum has MS so it's on and off, and my dad has a variety of mental disorders, but luckily we have a very supporting family.

At the end of the day, there's always someone there for everybody, no matter who you are, even if it doesn't feel like it! :console:
Oh god that is something nobody should ever experience :afraid:
Happiest - when I went to Iceland with my bf

Saddest - when my pets died

Angriest - when my dad tried to waltz back into my life after no contact for 22 years after being giving chances while I was growing up and he wasn't interested

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happiest:
Graduating from my undergraduate degree with a First and a Final Year Board of Examiners prize, despite my mum's terminal illness
My MSc graduation ceremony last week :smile:
My first semi-contact fight, my third and my fourth fights

Saddest:
The night I got home from uni for Easter in my second year and found out that my mum had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. And the days after that when we found out surgery wasn't possible, the treatment wasn't working, the cancer was spreading, etc etc.
29th August 2011. The day my lovely mum died
Having to intermit from my MSc in April 2014 and knowing I wouldn't graduate with my coursemates. And ending up in hospital a week later for a 5 month inpatient admission.
Original post by z33
2015 has been the worst year of my life - non-stop since January... that's all I'm gonna say about that :h:

I feel the same. This year has been awful, and it just keeps getting worse. I can't imagine next year to be all that great either since exam time might actually kill me, and results day will determine...well my mood for the year after that. :frown: It's been a tough year!
Reply 17
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I feel the same. This year has been awful, and it just keeps getting worse. I can't imagine next year to be all that great either since exam time might actually kill me, and results day will determine...well my mood for the year after that. :frown: It's been a tough year!

Awhh :frown:

I don't know we can't really do anything but try our best and then when we look back on it, even if we get straight Us, we can say we gave it a good go and we couldn't have tried harder :console:

Hopefully it'll be a rollercoaster with more ups than downs - we won't know 'til it comes! It'll work out eventually - we have another 50 years and a million and one chances to make it work so don't be too upset if you blow this one :smile:!

Stay strong :redface:!
Reply 18
some good responses.
Happiest
I really don't know I usually pretty happy.

Saddest/Angriest

I was robbed in the night lost my phone mp3 player among other things then that night my Grandmother died so that was a bad day.

Quick Reply

Latest