The Student Room Group

St George's A101 (GEM) 2016 Thread

Seeing as though interview invites are imminent, I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread to centralise the discussion for this years cycle.

For those who don't know, this year's GAMSAT cutoff is 60.

Good luck everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There won't be a work experience form to fill in like with Notts, will there?
Reply 2
Original post by wl1
There won't be a work experience form to fill in like with Notts, will there?

I'm not sure as this is my first time applying, I haven't heard anybody mention one though. Perhaps somebody who applied last year could comment?
Reply 3
Original post by liam__
I'm not sure as this is my first time applying, I haven't heard anybody mention one though. Perhaps somebody who applied last year could comment?

I don't think so, even if there is one i don't think it's used to call for interview? But i could be wrong, i applied last year but after gamsat scores were released, i got a swift rejection!
SGUL seem to be taking longer with responses than last year judging from the 2015 entry thread. So hoping we hear something either tomorrow or Friday!
Has anyone been asked for more information? Got an email before Christmas to say that some people have been asked for more information - does this include references from employees? Just wondering if it is worth chasing people up for these sooner rather than later.
Reply 6
Original post by shassasing
Has anyone been asked for more information? Got an email before Christmas to say that some people have been asked for more information - does this include references from employees? Just wondering if it is worth chasing people up for these sooner rather than later.

Oh interesting...I haven't been asked for anything? My reference was my old uni tutor.
Reply 7
Last year they asked us to come to the interview with letters from each work experience placement. Bit worried about this as we haven't been told whether this will be required this time.....and interviews are only a month away!!
Has anyone else heard anything....????
Reply 8
We have been told to start preparing them in the emails in December and in the invite it says exactly what to bring :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
The invitation to interview asks us to bring a work experience form with details of the 5 most recent work experience placements. This is different from last year where we were asked to provide an official letter from our contact at each placement. Just confirming that the form is all we need to do this year....?
I thought we needed to bring letters aswell? I might be mistaken with the excitement of reading the information yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jessyjjb
The invitation to interview asks us to bring a work experience form with details of the 5 most recent work experience placements. This is different from last year where we were asked to provide an official letter from our contact at each placement. Just confirming that the form is all we need to do this year....?

You still need to bring official letters as well from what I read.
wow george's really goes hard with the admin...
I think this is me being really stupid so apologies in advance!

But with the CRB form, the question on the last page:
Please state your previous Education at another Higher Education Institution (HEI) within the UK, EU or overseas

That's just asking for where you did your undergrad degree right?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by jessyjjb
Last year they asked us to come to the interview with letters from each work experience placement. Bit worried about this as we haven't been told whether this will be required this time.....and interviews are only a month away!!
Has anyone else heard anything....????

You need to bring "letters of verification" along with the work experience forms!

Original post by Sophia08
wow george's really goes hard with the admin...
I think this is me being really stupid so apologies in advance!

But with the CRB form, the question on the last page:
Please state your previous Education at another Higher Education Institution (HEI) within the UK, EU or overseas

That's just asking for where you did your undergrad degree right?

I haven't filled out my CRB yet but I think it's asking for a list of the degrees (undergrad/masters/phd) & the universities that you have studied at. For example: Bsc Biomedical Sciences at University of Liverpool, Msc Neuroscience at King's College London
Original post by kethan
You need to bring "letters of verification" along with the work experience forms!

I haven't filled out my CRB yet but I think it's asking for a list of the degrees (undergrad/masters/phd) & the universities that you have studied at. For example: Bsc Biomedical Sciences at University of Liverpool, Msc Neuroscience at King's College London

thank-you! Yeah I don't know why I really struggled to understand that question...?
Reply 15
thank-you! Yeah I don't know why I really struggled to understand that question...?

No problemo! (at least that's what I think it meant!) It could be worded a bit nicer in all honesty

Can you PM me please.
Original post by NafNaf39
Can you PM me please.

Done, I hope it's come through ?
Reply 18
Hi everyone - Does anyone know how many they interview and how many offers are made?
Reply 19
Original post by axc247
Hi everyone - Does anyone know how many they interview and how many offers are made?

Last year's was: 236 interviews, 71 offers for 56 places.

http://themsag.com/uk-medical-schools/competition-ratios

( I assume ratios will be similar this year)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending