The Student Room Group

I want to study law at university.

Hi I would like to study law at university. I am currently doing a access course but I am unsure about my choices. I need a back up choice. I would like to know which universities accept level 3 at a pass in case I don't get merit/distinction?

Thanks you
Hi

I know at St Mary's University in Twickenham we definitely accept students onto our LLB Law course with an Access Pass grade.

The key facts and entry requirements are here: http://www.stmarys.ac.uk/undergraduate/law/key-facts.htm

More and more universities are looking at applicants who have done an Access course so it is definitely worth looking at a lot of different universities offering different types of Law degree. Do you have a particular career in mind or know which particular aspect of Law you are interested in?
Reply 2
Thank you
Reply 3
Before embarking on finding which unis accept an Access course I would ask yourself whether you wish to enter the legal profession. The reason I stress this is that Law is a VERY VERY COMPETITIVE profession. Where you studied (university) matters and awful lot. Therefore, without sounding arrogant as I will be studying Law at a Russell Group uni myself (Manchester), you ideally need to go to Oxbridge or a Russell Group uni to get on in Law. I do not think they accept Access Courses and I really hope I have not put too many downers if you were thinking of the profession. I could not help but make you aware as far too many people aspire to enter the profession without being aware of some ideal prerequisites and the intense competition there is. However, if you do not wish to enter Law as a career it does not matter as much where you studied Law. Good luck with any applications you make :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending