The Student Room Group

He has a girlfriend, but gives me attention.

I met this guy, around September and I the first time I ever saw him was when my friend saw a friend of hers and they said hi. He was there that day too, and that day I just realised something weren't going to be the same anymore. He smiled at me, and I smiled back. I thought that would be it and I just found him really attractive.

But then I saw him again, when I was at a event with my friends and he was there too. And I wasn't trying to give him attention because I knew he had a girlfriend at this point, so I was trying to stay away. But he was being so kind and lovely, while I was being quite harsh and rude. I was giving short snappy replies whenever he tried speaking to me. When I was on the phone, he came and said are you alright? Is there a problem? Anytime there is a problem you'll come tell me and many more things. Obviously at this point he was just being nice.

About a week later, we had a event where we were all at a club and he was there too. I didn't know he was going to be there, I was trying to distract myself from him with another guy but it just wasn't working. He kept dancing around me, kept making me laugh he was always there whenever my friends were somewhere else. He was always there. At the end of the night, I was a bit drunk I just waved and said bye. But he held my arm, pulled me hugged me and said look after yourself ok? And I was just gone, my mind was gone.

And now recently we've been speaking on a group chat where he calls me sweetie, babe, and while he was getting for a family event he said 'I need to look good, although I got a girl' he didn't even make an effort to say his girlfriends name? Or anything else. I really don't know what to do. Should I give up on him or not?
Reply 1
he's disgusting and messing about, why would you want to be with someone who obviously will do the same thing with other girls even if you became his girlfriend.
i'd stay well away and if it persists, let his girlfriend know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I met this guy, around September and I the first time I ever saw him was when my friend saw a friend of hers and they said hi. He was there that day too, and that day I just realised something weren't going to be the same anymore. He smiled at me, and I smiled back. I thought that would be it and I just found him really attractive.

But then I saw him again, when I was at a event with my friends and he was there too. And I wasn't trying to give him attention because I knew he had a girlfriend at this point, so I was trying to stay away. But he was being so kind and lovely, while I was being quite harsh and rude. I was giving short snappy replies whenever he tried speaking to me. When I was on the phone, he came and said are you alright? Is there a problem? Anytime there is a problem you'll come tell me and many more things. Obviously at this point he was just being nice.

About a week later, we had a event where we were all at a club and he was there too. I didn't know he was going to be there, I was trying to distract myself from him with another guy but it just wasn't working. He kept dancing around me, kept making me laugh he was always there whenever my friends were somewhere else. He was always there. At the end of the night, I was a bit drunk I just waved and said bye. But he held my arm, pulled me hugged me and said look after yourself ok? And I was just gone, my mind was gone.

And now recently we've been speaking on a group chat where he calls me sweetie, babe, and while he was getting for a family event he said 'I need to look good, although I got a girl' he didn't even make an effort to say his girlfriends name? Or anything else. I really don't know what to do. Should I give up on him or not?

If he's got a girlfriend,stay away. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it never goes well and its simply not fair on anyone.
He sounds like a piece of s*it, and you can find someone that doesn't have a girlfriend. You think he won't do the same to you or that you're the only girl he is giving attention to?

Also, the way you write is annoying.
Reply 4
He surely got a hint that you are attracted to him and seems to be leading you on a little.

Just casually ask him if he is single and/or what his girlfriends name and how long they been together.
Reply 5
Yes you should give up, if not for the girlfriend's sake then for your own. Do you really want a guy who is going to give other girls attention whilst in a relationship? Imagine how insecure you would be these things never end well.
Original post by Anonymous

Don't even go there. why are u entertaining him? I don't know why u even asking should i give up?When u already know what the majority are gonna say. Ok, from Sister to Sister, he sounds like a f***boy. He's giving u attention and all that yeah it's making u feel good, but think about it. 1. He's got a girl and he's entertaining behind her back. 2.What are his intentions? I mean if he really liked u he would have cut his girl off which he obviously is not going to do.
3.Question- Does the girl know? 4. If he is able to entertain another girl whilst he's with his girl what makes u think he's not gonna do the same if u 2 were together? I'm not trying to have a go, but just open you're eyes. There is a difference between talking (as in just friends) and entertaining. And what does he mean by he needs to look good although he's good a girl? My honest opinion he isn't worth it. Not everyday Miss steal your Man.. Rather a Loyal guy than a f***boy... Am I a Mug? Not gonna lie, if u decide to go for it, which is your own choice, I'll doubt you'll be a Main.. just gonna be one of his side chicks.
You don't even know if he os entertaning other girls.
Just be careful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending