The Student Room Group

Just applied. Hi!

HiJust joined here so a newbie I have just sent my UCAS today no offers yet but I am waiting excitedly and nervously :-)I am wanting to go into Primary Education to become a primary teacherI have applied for Durham Uni twice Primary Education (General) and Primary Education with Foundation Year at Queens Campus and I Chose George Stephenson. I applied for Northumbria, Sunderland and York St John. I really just wanted to meet some people and find some people on here. If I was going to Northumbria, Sunderland Or Durham I would commute from home as I am only local. However if I went to YSJ then I will be living out. Really nervous about this as its my first time living away and feel as if I would miss home to much. I have Asperger's but its high functioning. I don't drink much and I am a huge Doctor Who fan well Science Fiction in general. I love anything 80s. 80s music 80s TV not the fashion well why would I be haha. Would love to find people who have the same love of Doctor Who as me. Love attending conventions too! I think I am nervous as I have never been able to socialize well. I would love to change that at Uni. I am not socially awkward i.e I can chat for Britain (If you know what I mean haha) I just hate talking about myself on these forums and feel as if I am rambling on but just would love to get to know people. Again sorry if I ramble :-)Hope everyone gets all the offers they hope for and everyone on here has a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year CheersMarc
Reply 1
Original post by marcywho
HiJust joined here so a newbie I have just sent my UCAS today no offers yet but I am waiting excitedly and nervously :-)I am wanting to go into Primary Education to become a primary teacherI have applied for Durham Uni twice Primary Education (General) and Primary Education with Foundation Year at Queens Campus and I Chose George Stephenson. I applied for Northumbria, Sunderland and York St John. I really just wanted to meet some people and find some people on here. If I was going to Northumbria, Sunderland Or Durham I would commute from home as I am only local. However if I went to YSJ then I will be living out. Really nervous about this as its my first time living away and feel as if I would miss home to much. I have Asperger's but its high functioning. I don't drink much and I am a huge Doctor Who fan well Science Fiction in general. I love anything 80s. 80s music 80s TV not the fashion well why would I be haha. Would love to find people who have the same love of Doctor Who as me. Love attending conventions too! I think I am nervous as I have never been able to socialize well. I would love to change that at Uni. I am not socially awkward i.e I can chat for Britain (If you know what I mean haha) I just hate talking about myself on these forums and feel as if I am rambling on but just would love to get to know people. Again sorry if I ramble :-)Hope everyone gets all the offers they hope for and everyone on here has a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year CheersMarc

Good luck!! And I am sure there are lots of societies at all of those universities that will allow you to get to know people and make more friends. There probably is something as wacky as a Dr Who Society somewhere too (I am a big fan too :P ), BUT either way sounds an exciting time for you!
Hello Marc,

We are very happy to hear that you have applied for the University of Sunderland! Our Primary Education course is very popular and full with people who are passionate about teaching and inspiring other people.

If you decide to live at home while at Univeristy, please keep in mind that the University of Sunderland offer free travel pass to all first-year undergraduate students: http://www.sunderland.ac.uk/ug/feesandfunding/sunderlandscholarships201617/gettherescholarship/. This is a great way to stay close to your family but have regular and affordable access to university and the opportunities that it offers.

A great way to experience student life in Sunderland is if you get involved in Student Shadowing. This is an opportunity for prospective students to spend a day on campus, attend a lecture in the area that they are interested, see the facilities and meet current students: http://www.sunderland.ac.uk/ug/opendays/studentshadowing/.

Furthermore, at the University of Sunderland we have a very diverse community and students with various of interests. There are a number of different clubs and societies for people that have the same interests and passion, and you could see some of the available societies here: http://www.sunderland.ac.uk/studentlife/clubsandsocieties/societies/.

Hope this helps, and please let us know if you require more information about the student life at Sunderland. Regards, Tanita

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending