The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Help decide between Leicester or Liverpool?

Received an offer to study Law (Optional Year Abroad) at Leicester, and very happy as its my considered firm choice, as well as at Liverpool for Law with A Year Abroad (propective insurance). While waiting for my other options, I'm interested in knowing more about these two cities/universities from different opinions and maybe a student's perspective?
(edited 8 years ago)
I can't talk as a student, but I can give you my opinion of the two places.
Have you been to both places? I found that Liverpool felt a lot bigger (and scarier) than Leicester.
Liverpool has a fairly good train system, and is pretty well connected in terms of transport. But it is a big industrial city, so if you like green spaces, you really need to go north a bit (formby squirrel woods are good, if you get a train).
Leicester, on the other hand, felt a lot more open. I don't know much about the trains, but right in the midlands, it's gonna be fairly easy to get anywhere.
Liverpool does have a lot of local history, if you like that stuff, with the Beatles and dockyards and everything, but I don't think I could handle living there.

Personally, I am waiting to hear back from Nottingham, as I think I will firm that, if the offer is reasonable, but Leicester is my current insurance, as I really liked what I saw of it.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by mice8cheese
I can't talk as a student, but I can give you my opinion of the two places.
Have you been to both places? I found that Liverpool felt a lot bigger (and scarier) than Leicester.
Liverpool has a fairly good train system, and is pretty well connected in terms of transport. But it is a big industrial city, so if you like green spaces, you really need to go north a bit (formby squirrel woods are good, if you get a train).
Leicester, on the other hand, felt a lot more open. I don't know much about the trains, but right in the midlands, it's gonna be fairly easy to get anywhere.
Liverpool does have a lot of local history, if you like that stuff, with the Beatles and dockyards and everything, but I don't think I could handle living there.

Personally, I am waiting to hear back from Nottingham, as I think I will firm that, if the offer is reasonable, but Leicester is my current insurance, as I really liked what I saw of it.

Congrats on offers! :smile:
I haven't visited Liverpool or Leicester yet, but I'm planning too in their upcoming visit days early next year :smile: Although I'd be able to cope with busy and bigger cities like Liverpool, I think I'd really like Leicester as it's much smaller and greener which I really prefer.

But still currently waiting on 2 unis for decisions, before I can make my firm and insurance ... -_-
I have lived in Liverpool for 18 years and I am currently in my second year at Leicester University. Both cities and universities are really great. The nightlife is good in both cities. Leicester is moving down the league table at the moment whereas Liverpool is a red brick university. The accommodation at Leicester as a campus really worked for me, along with the small University campus. There are plenty of clubs and cocktail bars. The highcross shopping centre is awesome! In terms of the vibe of both cities, i do prefer Liverpool but I think thats because im a little biased! People seem a bit friendlier and more approachable; the museums, festivals and history in Liverpool is better. Overall though I am really enjoying living in Leicester as I knew I needed another city, having the O2 for student has been really handy too, aswell as the free student bus to run you there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending