The Student Room Group

Do people generally dislike children from wealthy backgrounds?

Do people generally dislike children/adults from wealthy backgrounds?

Like just seeing the level of hate over the years.

Maybe it's because they never earned it? or maybe they're just jealous?

What do you guys think?

Me personally i have no problem with it.

Scroll to see replies

Check your privilege
Reply 2
Original post by WalkingTolerance
Check your privilege

PC brah
Reply 3
jealousy.
I knew some well off kids that are humble and down to earth, shame that most aren't like that.
Yes.

Hating children from wealthy backgrounds is an acceptable prejudice, it's stupid and pathetic.
Reply 6
I love rich people
As long as they are modest I have no problem
Yo ok people enjoyed their Xbox ones I have them today thought I was being kind
Jealously.

/thread.
Reply 10
i dislike the bratty kids that disrespect their parents and will sit and whine at the store and embarrass them if they don't get what they want and think they're better than everyone else bc they're richer and have all the toys and have 5 happy meals at mcdonalds while riding a hoverboard at the age of 6

i don't mind the humble, well behaved kids
Original post by z33
i dislike the bratty kids that disrespect their parents and will sit and whine at the store and embarrass them if they don't get what they want and think they're better than everyone else bc they're richer and have all the toys and have 5 happy meals at mcdonalds while riding a hoverboard at the age of 6

i don't mind the humble, well behaved kids

Don't get me wrong I just wouldn't say 5 happy meals is the richest of cuisines.
Reply 12
I don't know anyone particularly rich IRL. As for online, it's more shock and sometimes annoyance by the lack of awareness e.g. the tsr poster who thinks £400 worth of presents is not a lot* or the girl in that programme about rich kids on instagram who thought normal people £3000 - £5000 on shopping per month?!

(*I'll admit it's all relative)
Original post by TornadoGR4
I knew some well off kids that are humble and down to earth, shame that most aren't like that.

Original post by whydoidothis?
As long as they are modest I have no problem

Hmm some people will still hate on them even if they are modest, think that's an issue too.
Reply 14
Original post by harinimnida
Don't get me wrong I just wouldn't say 5 happy meals is the richest of cuisines.

lmao true X'D

well i don't think children particularly enjoy fish eggs and escargo 0_0 :tongue:
Original post by stirkee
jealousy.

Original post by thunder_chunky
Jealously.

/thread.

Fair enough.
Reply 16
Original post by Bill_Gates
Hmm some people will still hate on them even if they are modest, think that's an issue too.

that is an issue

but i don't :smile: i'm fine with rich people who treat us working class kids as their equals and not servants :3
Original post by Bill_Gates

That's jealousy, plain and simple.
Original post by whydoidothis?
That's jealousy, plain and simple.

i can't really blame them for not being humble over time. As literally people do hate people for no reason whatsoever other than being born in a certain family.
My neighbour got a new car for xmas and i watched the whole thing (including the reaction) through my top window whilst sipping on some tesco 20p coke can :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest