The Student Room Group

Body shaming

I've just come across a post that one of my facebook 'Friends' posted mocking a girl for being too skinny when she looked slim to me. I find it disgusting that people find it extremely bad to 'fat shame' when they themselves are posting pictures of someone else and ridiculing their body because in their opinion the person is too skinny. I think that this is completely ignorant and very one sided, why doesn't the Media focus on 'Body shaming' and stop making out that one is worse than the other?
Reply 1
The body shaming is wrong. I can not stand these skeleton girls either, not to mention it is unhealthy. They look better in a normal average body
Original post by Gears265
The body shaming is wrong. I can not stand these skeleton girls either, not to mention it is unhealthy. They look better in a normal average body

"body shaming is wrong"
"i cannot stand them they'd look better with this body"

I'm sorry but this is an example of body shaming. It should not matter to you 'what looks better' but what body they are happy with! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by defenestrated
"body shaming is wrong"
"i cannot stand them they'd look better with this body"

Original post by DomiNateTricks
I'm sorry but this is an example of body shaming. It should not matter to you 'what looks better' but what body they are happy with! :smile:

I was taking the ****, but honestly it is wrong and I couldn't care what body they have, its the model and entertainment industry driving it
I was taking the ****, but honestly it is wrong and I couldn't care what body they have, its the model and entertainment industry driving it

Lol okay sorry but I see what you mean. It's sad that it will probably always exist too!
Reply 6
Original post by DomiNateTricks
Lol okay sorry but I see what you mean. It's sad that it will probably always exist too!

I would like to say we are progressing away from it but I think you are right, and I have no idea what the answer is

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending