The Student Room Group

Applying to a Business Management course with a marketing-focused personal statement?

Okay so until a few days ago I was going to apply to 3 marketing courses and 2 management (marketing) courses so obviously I wrote a personal statement focused on marketing, but lately I've also been reconsidering applying to KCL since it's always been my dream uni.
The point is that at KCL there's not a marketing course but a business management one, but after seeing that the modules taught are actually quite similar to the other courses I'm applying to I'm thinking about applying there too.
Do you think I have any chances to get an offer if my personal statement is focused on marketing? I mean it's not that marketing and business management are two completely opposite subjects, but I just wanted to hear other people's opinion.
Also I don't know if they give more importance to predicted grades or to the personal statement, because my predicted grades are A*A*A* so that would definitely help! What do you think?
Original post by dianafred
Okay so until a few days ago I was going to apply to 3 marketing courses and 2 management (marketing) courses so obviously I wrote a personal statement focused on marketing, but lately I've also been reconsidering applying to KCL since it's always been my dream uni.
The point is that at KCL there's not a marketing course but a business management one, but after seeing that the modules taught are actually quite similar to the other courses I'm applying to I'm thinking about applying there too.
Do you think I have any chances to get an offer if my personal statement is focused on marketing? I mean it's not that marketing and business management are two completely opposite subjects, but I just wanted to hear other people's opinion.
Also I don't know if they give more importance to predicted grades or to the personal statement, because my predicted grades are A*A*A* so that would definitely help! What do you think?

I'm afraid nobody can possibly guess this. It all depends on how oversubscribed the course is and how many they need to cut down the numbers by. KCL isn't in the position of having to be kind to anyone, but if there's not much difference between the courses, then it may not matter. Nobody on here can give you the reassurance you are seeking, I'm afraid, because no one outside KCL has the information needed to do so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending