The Student Room Group

Japanese in the IB

I'm starting the IB diploma this year, and I'm a little concerned about my language subject. I've heard that the IB Japanese teacher at my school is pretty bad at teaching, and as I'm pretty good at Japanese (straight A student) I don't want to miss out on marks in my final exam because of the quality of my teacher. I have two options - I either continue with Japanese as planned (at SL) and do as much self study as possible, or I can switch to Ab Initio French, which wouldn't be too difficult as I have some background in French. So my question is, is it worth the risk of continuing with Japanese or should I play it safe and switch to French?
Reply 1
hmm this is a difficult decision to make..it depends if you are confident in self study tbh. If it were for me I would choose French since im a really lazy person and dont do self study. But then if you think about it, Japanese is a unique foreign language and it would look really good. If you're good at self studying then I'd say stick to Japanese. However it's your choice. Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending