The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by MrMackyTv
Ikr, I just did the detention, it wasn't too bad I guess... I only reached home 15 minutes late so no biggie.

I think I have one tomorrow as on SMHW she updated the status to submitted when I handed it in late on Tuesday morning. Hopefully I don't have to do it as it's a waste of time.
Original post by JTran38
I think I have one tomorrow as on SMHW she updated the status to submitted when I handed it in late on Tuesday morning. Hopefully I don't have to do it as it's a waste of time.

Not totally. Carry some work with you there so you have something to do and not waste time.
Reply 62
Not totally. Carry some work with you there so you have something to do and not waste time.

True ...
Update 17/03/16

I have been quite busy with work experience at the moment because the employer accepted me!!!! So happy - I thought I was never going to get a placement but I got lucky. I am hopefully going to visit them during the Easter break to go meet the team and the office - get to know the place before I go for my (hopefully) 4 days work experience Tuesday - Friday. I haven't done any work yet but I am just going to do Physics until 10PM because I need to improve my sleeping routine because I have been going to bed at midnight for over a week now which is bad for my health.

Talking about health - I might go back into jogging again on the weekends and in the holiday. If it goes well - I might be doing it every evening during school days - might help me take my mind off things as well as keeping me fit. I read somewhere exercise is good before studying and doing work so this might also benefit me in that way.

I'll talk to you more about this tomorrow and when I get a response from the employer and my work experience coordinator - I have a lot of things to do! I am actually really nervous about work experience - I actually wanted to back out but this should really help me... come on I can do this! (trying to be positive again lol)
Update 18/03/2016

Finally! The week is now over. Just a quick overview of what happened this week:

It is very likely that I am going to get a placement for 2 days in May :biggrin: I am so happy I went for it, I am obviously going to be doing some clothes shopping over the holidays for work experience.

I have 2 tests next week (since I cancelled the French retest for after half-term): Maths and Physics.

We still haven't got our timetables for our science exams from our form tutor yet... I would also like to know what dates my other subjects will have their tests on.

I am going back down to London again in half-term (this is like the 3rd time now lol) just to visit family member for a few days so I will not be as productive during the stay (obviously - as I am not in my home environment therefore my productivity decreases (it's actually true because that happened when I went down before)).

I wasn't able to do any work recently today because I have been browsing for a new phone and also sorting out work experience. So I am just going to do some Maths (try to finish the revision booklet tonight) and then just chill and go to bed - need a bit of a rest from all this pressure.

I'm really worrying about how well I am going to perform in next weeks exams, especially Maths. I haven't finished the Physics notes yet which is concerning to say the least - I might not get it finished in time because I also need to practice some questions too and writing notes isn't going to do me any good except for extracting info. For Maths - I have printed off so much work that I am also uncertain about completing it. I am complaining now but wait until after Easter - I literally feel like I am going have a mental breakdown because of all these exams in one week is really stressful. I hope that the subjects apart from English, Maths and Science don't have a exams in the same week, because if they do I am going to struggle quite a lot. I am just thinking about how I am going to cope next year around this time, it is going to be way worse than it is now... anyways, be positive! I can do this! :smile:
Reply 65
Update 18/03/2016

Finally! The week is now over. Just a quick overview of what happened this week:

It is very likely that I am going to get a placement for 2 days in May :biggrin: I am so happy I went for it, I am obviously going to be doing some clothes shopping over the holidays for work experience.

I have 2 tests next week (since I cancelled the French retest for after half-term): Maths and Physics.

We still haven't got our timetables for our science exams from our form tutor yet... I would also like to know what dates my other subjects will have their tests on.

I am going back down to London again in half-term (this is like the 3rd time now lol) just to visit family member for a few days so I will not be as productive during the stay (obviously - as I am not in my home environment therefore my productivity decreases (it's actually true because that happened when I went down before)).

I wasn't able to do any work recently today because I have been browsing for a new phone and also sorting out work experience. So I am just going to do some Maths (try to finish the revision booklet tonight) and then just chill and go to bed - need a bit of a rest from all this pressure.

I'm really worrying about how well I am going to perform in next weeks exams, especially Maths. I haven't finished the Physics notes yet which is concerning to say the least - I might not get it finished in time because I also need to practice some questions too and writing notes isn't going to do me any good except for extracting info. For Maths - I have printed off so much work that I am also uncertain about completing it. I am complaining now but wait until after Easter - I literally feel like I am going have a mental breakdown because of all these exams in one week is really stressful. I hope that the subjects apart from English, Maths and Science don't have a exams in the same week, because if they do I am going to struggle quite a lot. I am just thinking about how I am going to cope next year around this time, it is going to be way worse than it is now... anyways, be positive! I can do this! :smile:

I almost had a mental breakdown with the exams this week, it has been a long and exhausting week for me with all my exams done and dusted in 2 days. I'm worried about History and Maths though as I didn't do too well. The detention for English was just BS and I better start making some sort of planner to avoid situations like this. I was 30 mins late and luckily for me, the detention started early.
Original post by JTran38
I almost had a mental breakdown with the exams this week, it has been a long and exhausting week for me with all my exams done and dusted in 2 days. I'm worried about History and Maths though as I didn't do too well. The detention for English was just BS and I better start making some sort of planner to avoid situations like this. I was 30 mins late and luckily for me, the detention started early.

Sorry to hear you have had a bad week too. Good to see you are at peace in mind since the exams are over.

Hopefully my exams go well :frown:
Update 19/03/16

So today I didn't get much work done because I have so much homework and I was browsing for phones again. I will obviously have to catch up on the work I missed out today - which is a shame.

I haven't exactly been productive this week so I am going to be more realistic when making my next timetable for next week about the subjects I am revising for and how long for.

So all I am going to do today is just get on with homework set as some are really long so I can't leave it until last minute or else it will be poor effort. We'll see how tomorrow goes in terms of productivity, I will obviously need to wake up early tomorrow to catch up on anything I missed today.
Update 20/03/16

So today I ditched the plan and I just set the day to complete the Physics notes (which I did) and complete the Maths Booklet (which I am doing) - as I want to focus more on the tests upcoming instead of the tests less than two months away. So I have completed the whole of P2 notes now so I won't need to waste time writing them up in the upcoming weeks. I am going to also find some time to prepare some revision materials to use over Easter to revise for the mocks. I am still waiting for the Maths booklet marks scheme for chapter 10 + 20 to pop up on moodle but it hasn't yet - hate it when they put it on last minute.

I am going to quickly create a (realistic) study plan for next week and hopefully I should be able to stick to it and be productive and just not procrastinate. I am aiming for at least an hour a week per a (main i.e. Maths, Sciences, English) subject and within every two weeks one hour of other subjects.

Hopefully I get a reply that confirms everything tomorrow about work experience, what will happen and what time I would need to come in and etc. I am really excited for this! I am only going in just for the Monday 9th May and Tuesday 10th May instead of the full week which I don't mind, because all of that week is just going to be revision for mocks.

I am confident about the Physics tests but not for the Maths test as I find CH 10 + 20 challenging. Hopefully I will do well and I don't freak out mid-exam. They did say it is going to be harder because the last test we did was too easy so this test should balance that out - basically means make it harder to come even with the previous test - which sucks. Yeah... life:smile:
Update 21/03/16

I managed to do and hour of Maths revision so far. I got sidetracked so that meant I didn't get to stick to the plan which was 2 hours of Maths revision first and 1 hour of Physics revision. So after I have done a sufficient amount of worksheets and I have marked them I will be reading and highlighting Physics notes and start answering and marking end of topic questions.

Tomorrow's plan is to do 1 hour of Physics first then 2 hours of Maths. On Wednesday I thought a break would be nice and just do homework on that day so I don't get too stressed out. I need to finish off the History homework in the morning tomorrow ready for Wednesday. There's no school on Friday which is great so that means I can do revision when I want during the day, I might do it all in the morning instead of spreading it out then the afternoon can be used as a break.

Whoever sorts out Maths Moodle for our year and does the booklets has put on the wrong mark scheme (assuming it is head of department) because now I cannot mark the booklet which I initially planned to do (this kinda threw me off because I forgot what to do next and if that were to happen) - which sucks. But yeah... that's it for now. Update you guys tomorrow :smile:

Be positive "it always seems impossible until its done" - this is true for me (some inspiration for anyone reading and struggling (I also suggest you come of TSR because it is a major distraction and will make you procrastinate more!))
(edited 8 years ago)
Update 21/03/16

I managed to do and hour of Maths revision so far. I got sidetracked so that meant I didn't get to stick to the plan which was 2 hours of Maths revision first and 1 hour of Physics revision. So after I have done a sufficient amount of worksheets and I have marked them I will be reading and highlighting Physics notes and start answering and marking end of topic questions.

Tomorrow's plan is to do 1 hour of Physics first then 2 hours of Maths. On Wednesday I thought a break would be nice and just do homework on that day so I don't get too stressed out. I need to finish off the History homework in the morning tomorrow ready for Wednesday. There's no school on Friday which is great so that means I can do revision when I want during the day, I might do it all in the morning instead of spreading it out then the afternoon can be used as a break.

Whoever sorts out Maths Moodle for our year and does the booklets has put on the wrong mark scheme (assuming it is head of department) because now I cannot mark the booklet which I initially planned to do (this kinda threw me off because I forgot what to do next and if that were to happen) - which sucks. But yeah... that's it for now. Update you guys tomorrow :smile:

Be positive "it always seems impossible until its done" - this is true for me (some inspiration for anyone reading and struggling (I also suggest you come of TSR because it is a major distraction and will make you procrastinate more!))

Love that inspiration! Also "Nothing is impossible. The word itself has possible in it" :smile: So don't give up or get despondent. You can do it!
Original post by Lemur14
Love that inspiration! Also "Nothing is impossible. The word itself has possible in it" :smile: So don't give up or get despondent. You can do it!

Thanks! Really appreciate :smile: Same for you! :biggrin:

This is one of my favourites though:

Dedication
Responsibility
Education
Attitude
Motivation

It all spells out DREAM - I actually have a wall dedicated for inspiration so it can get me working lol - it works :smile:
Reply 72
Tell me how to stop procrastinating on tsr. Please.
Original post by Yammy
Tell me how to stop procrastinating on tsr. Please.

2 words... Log off. If you struggle doing even that - then I don't know how to help you lol.
Update 22/03/16

I am feeling a bit ill today, I have a runny and blocked nose, extremely fatigued, weak and coughing and sneezing. I feel like a mess, my rooms a mess, I feel like I am disorganised. Sorry for sounding negative but I really feel so down and depressed because of all these exams and the high expectations from my family to do well in my GCSEs... it's overwhelming.

Today wasn't too bad. I reached school late because it was taking me ages to get ready in the morning after going to bed late - I do think that if I keep doing this to myself I am seriously going to effect my health - sleep is pretty important for us teenagers as we need it for growth and energy. I have to resort to putting an extra teaspoon of coffee in the morning - which I am trying to avoid for a while now and go for tea instead - but it's hard not to when you it takes you 1 hour to get out of bed.

I am going to do Maths revision and Physics revision and as soon as it is hits 10:45PM I am going to pack up and go to bed so I have at least 6 hours of sleep. That's the plan for tonight so wish me luck for tomorrow's Maths and Physics exam - however I doubt I will do as good as I am expecting in the test as 1) it's hard and 2) I am too stressed.

On other news, French teacher hasn't marked our writing tests yet - which sucks because now I cannot get feedback on how to improve so that when I do my retest I can do better. We'll see what happens on Thursday or actually, I might go tomorrow morning to ask about some work I re-done.

That's it for now, I will update you guys tomorrow on how I did in Maths and Physics.
Update 23/03/16

Today didn't go bad.

Firstly I'd like to say that Physics was not that good... it was solid. I don't think I did great in that test but some good news...

I think I did well in the Maths test because... wait for it... same questions from revision booklet but different numbers and different order... I'm not finished... the mark scheme was online on moodle... so remember when I was trying to get the actual mark scheme for the booklet since the HoD put the wrong one on? Yeah, the last two or so pages of that mark scheme has the actual answers to the test. How do you end up doing that? I don't think he's noticed that has happened because he hasn't changed it.

Today is a free day for me to reward myself for all this hard work - if there is any sort of work I am doing today it is just going to be homework because homework isn't stressful and isn't as much of a pain as revision.
Reply 76
Update 23/03/16

Today didn't go bad.

Firstly I'd like to say that Physics was not that good... it was solid. I don't think I did great in that test but some good news...

I think I did well in the Maths test because... wait for it... same questions from revision booklet but different numbers and different order... I'm not finished... the mark scheme was online on moodle... so remember when I was trying to get the actual mark scheme for the booklet since the HoD put the wrong one on? Yeah, the last two or so pages of that mark scheme has the actual answers to the test. How do you end up doing that? I don't think he's noticed that has happened because he hasn't changed it.

Today is a free day for me to reward myself for all this hard work - if there is any sort of work I am doing today it is just going to be homework because homework isn't stressful and isn't as much of a pain as revision.

Take a short break or something for the mean time before you resume with your homework/revision.
Original post by JTran38
Take a short break or something for the mean time before you resume with your homework/revision.

Yeah I just actually had quite a long break. I might do some homework (that's easy and quick) then just relax or just relax and do anything I want :smile: I really like the feeling when you get all your exams out of your way. It's not over for me though! I got a lot of revision coming up, especially for French, over the Easter holidays... :eek:
Reply 78
Yeah I just actually had quite a long break. I might do some homework (that's easy and quick) then just relax or just relax and do anything I want :smile: I really like the feeling when you get all your exams out of your way. It's not over for me though! I got a lot of revision coming up, especially for French, over the Easter holidays... :eek:

I got another one due in a months time when I can back I think though it's not confirmed.
Update 24/03/16

Today wasn't that good despite it being the last day of term.

Good news:

I did really good in the Maths test - I got 93% (67/72) which has got my average up from 53% at the start of the year to 80%! This is really good in terms of improvement because I did set an aim of getting at least 80% or more in the test so I am happy with a 80% average. I just now need to revise for the mocks which is going to be way harder than topic tests (obviously) so I need to start memorising formulas and hopefully I should be able to do well.

Bad news:

I got a D in my French writing exam so definitely resitting it as that is not good enough - I only had 4 days to memorise anyway so that sucks as well. All I can do now is send my re-re do (lol) of Q3+4 to Miss so she can mark it and send it back so I can memorise over easter. Hopefully she has a scanner so she can just print it off and scan it and send it back, if not, then I will have to spend a lot of time typing all that up which will suck.

I just did 1 hour of Chemistry notes -aiming to finish this before next week Wednesday if I am consistent this week and throughout Easter, there is no more time to mess about and procrastinate - I have to do this! Next week is going to be extremely busy with a lot of Easter revision going on and less games. I can probably play more games after I do my exams which will all be finished by June (I have my French speaking in June) then that's it!

I am actually nervous - only one term left then that's it - year 10 is over and year 11 is creepin' up with GCSEs in the summer. Everything counts now so I need to do the best as I can now so I won't be struggling next year - that's the plan :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending