The Student Room Group

Fell in love with a girl on the internet

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LeftWingMoron
Ask her what mate?

Ask her if she's leading you on.
Ask her if she likes you as much as you like her.
Be upfront about it.
Reply 21
Does anyone know some line I could phone (I am crying and my mic is chit but any help would be great)? I don't think I'm in a great place mentally. I have not replied to her last message like you guys said. No one does like me and this world fukking sucks. I'm not a nice person even though I think I am. Cutting is the only thing that relieves me from this pain, but only for a short while. I don't wish harm on no one.

If you are self harming you need urgent medical help. Go to your doctors and call a helpline like young minds or the Samaritans. I mean it. You need proper, professional support.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
If you are self harming you need urgent medical help. Go to your doctors and call a helpline like young minds or the Samaritans. I mean it. You need proper, professional support.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've told my GP about the cutting and she put me on Anti depressants which I take. The time I phoned the Samaritans the English woman said this is a serious line when I was just beginning to talk (I think it was because of the private number?) and hung up. Further proof people hate me. I do not wish to be alive and can't remember the last time I have.
Original post by Joel 96
Ask her if she's leading you on.
Ask her if she likes you as much as you like her.
Be upfront about it.

She messaged me in the first place and I've not been persuasive at all with her but I asked her if she's leading me on and she said no. She said she doesn't understand the love I have for her, but won't answer if she feels the same about me.
She messaged me in the first place and I've not been persuasive at all with her but I asked her if she's leading me on and she said no. She said she doesn't understand the love I have for her, but won't answer if she feels the same about me.

Right mate.
Better move on.
I know that most universities run Nightlines where you can call about anything. Cardiff, where I am, definitely does one. Maybe you could try ringing one near you, or just a random one.
Original post by Joel 96
Right mate.
Better move on.

It's hard to take that you know? I can't believe I fell for a girl online. Such a bad time mentally to have to take this too.
It's hard to take that you know? I can't believe I fell for a girl online. Such a bad time mentally to have to take this too.

I'm sorry. I don't like to sugar-coat these things.
I think you'd be better off chatting to someone offline. Text can really screw with one's brain.
Original post by Joel 96
I'm sorry. I don't like to sugar-coat these things.
I think you'd be better off chatting to someone offline. Text can really screw with one's brain.

I talked to my dad about it but he's asleep now. I don't know who I can talk to (especially at this time) about this emotionally as most friends would think it's pretty weird to be feeling this way over some girl you just met online and speak to on the phone.
How? Took me 6 real life years to find a girl I loved and it still felt forced. How do people make connections with people online??
Original post by Das Ich Man
How? Took me 6 real life years to find a girl I loved and it still felt forced. How do people make connections with people online??

I don't know how. Her posting style when she messaged me. We connect very well on the phone and through texts. She has a lovely turn of phrase. I just can't explain it. I've never felt love before and I've had several real life girlfriends.
(edited 8 years ago)
I don't know how. Her posting style when she messaged me. We connect very well on the phone and through texts. She has a lovely turn of phrase. I just can't explain it. I've never felt love before and I've had several real life girlfriends.

Steal a horse from a stable and ride to her house, beat the husband up, take her to the bedroom then to the church and put a ring on it, then ride back to Northern Ireland and support her until she becomes the first female pope
Original post by Das Ich Man
Steal a horse from a stable and ride to her house, beat the husband up, take her to the bedroom then to the church and put a ring on it, then ride back to Northern Ireland and support her until she becomes the first female pope

Bahaha. She doesn't have a husband though, she just has a boyfriend. Also not actually a Catholic, just come from that background. It's a NI thing.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by pâquerette03
I know that most universities run Nightlines where you can call about anything. Cardiff, where I am, definitely does one. Maybe you could try ringing one near you, or just a random one.

I will look into this. May I ask are you Welsh?
Samaritans have been busy for over 15mins and my Uni doesn't look to have a nightline. I just wish there was an active NI thread. I don't find English people to be all that nice or caring, no offence intended.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I am. Sorry your uni doesn't have a NL, feel free to call Cardiff 's if ever you need someone to listen.
Maybe you could make a NI thread to find like minded people?
Original post by pâquerette03
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I am. Sorry your uni doesn't have a NL, feel free to call Cardiff 's if ever you need someone to listen.
Maybe you could make a NI thread to find like minded people?

I knew you were because you were so caring xD. English people are pretty rotten to the core. I would make the thread but I doubt they can help me quick and not many Northern or Southern Irish are here. It hurts not replying to her. She says I'm really good looking and have really good eyes but I don't want to be strung along no more :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending