Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

scientific reasons for believing in god? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    scientific, logical evidence which points towards the existence of god

convert me from atheism

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is any convincing scientific evidence for God's existence, otherwise it would be all over the news.

ReputationRep:
    There is none, any evidence one could muster up to prove god could also be used to prove dragons or unicorns.

ReputationRep:
    the only reason i can think of for the existence is god is that aguero stays playin for city, why else would he stay if god wasnt working his magic? science cant disprove that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangala)
    the only reason i can think of for the existence is god is that aguero stays playin for city, why else would he stay if god wasnt working his magic? science cant disprove that
    Was going to reply with a serious answer until I saw this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Was going to reply with a serious answer until I saw this.
    nah go on i was only joking lad, what proves to u that god is real

ReputationRep:
    There are no scientific reasons.

ReputationRep:
    nah go on i was only joking lad, what proves to u that god is real
    No scientific proof, just belief.

ReputationRep:
    It's almost in God's definition that he is scientifically unprovable - I think the idea is to have faith.

ReputationRep:
    im not asking for reasons not to believe in god ppl can u read the title im already an atheist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    No scientific proof, just belief.
    so why do you believe in something without proof, doesn't that seem silly to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    It's almost in God's definition that he is scientifically unprovable - I think the idea is to have faith.
    there used to be a really nice ice cream man who came to our street and i hope he wasnt a pedo cos he was cool

ReputationRep:
    there used to be a really nice ice cream man who came to our street and i hope he wasnt a pedo cos he was cool
    Cool story, bro/a.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I have been through far too many experiences, which have all in all confirmed my belief in a greater deity. I believe its more or less the same for the rest of the people that believe in God too.

ReputationRep:
    Not exactly proof but the causation argument? Everyone agrees that the universe had a beginning. Non religious people believe this was due to the big bang. The cause of the big bang can be thought of as the action of an omnipotent eternal being i.e. God

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mercuryman)
    Personally, I have been through far too many experiences, which have all in all confirmed my belief in a greater deity. I believe its more or less the same for the rest of the people that believe in God too.
    yeah but "experiences" have no scientific merit or way of proving their validity. i've prayed and nothing has happened, if god wanted me to believe in him why isn't he showing me he exists?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Not exactly proof but the causation argument? Everyone agrees that the universe had a beginning. Non religious people believe this was due to the big bang. The cause of the big bang can be thought of as the action of an omnipotent eternal being i.e. God
    it can be thought to be as a result of me taking a giant **** in a toilet too, doesn't make it true

ReputationRep:
    so why do you believe in something without proof, doesn't that seem silly to you
    Well science will never be able to provide proof of God's existence, however we (Muslims) have our own proof- the Qur'an which was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

ReputationRep:
    yeah but "experiences" have no scientific merit or way of proving their validity. i've prayed and nothing has happened, if god wanted me to believe in him why isn't he showing me he exists?
    Beats me. I'm happy with God in my life, and that's all that matters.

ReputationRep:
    Science and God is an oxymoron i'm afraid! And that's the scientific way of putting it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.