The Student Room Group

Surgery that could allow trans women to have children of their own...

Scroll to see replies

Sounds fantastic! Especially after watching the Danish Girl :redface:
This is amazing, I hope people will be more accepting of trans women now...
Incredible, the technology we're developing is astounding.
This is wrong on so many levels
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Blue_Mason
This is wrong on so many levels

Why?
Reply 6
at first, I was like errrrrrrr

"A 26-year-old woman who is undergoing the screening process told The Times: ‘I crave that experience.
I want the morning sickness, the backaches, the feet swelling. I want to feel the baby move. That is something I’ve wanted for as long as I can remember.’"

after reading this I'm starting to change my mind
Original post by loveleest
Why?

I do not see in why a trans woman should be given the right to conceive, as it goes against nature
Reply 8
I do not see in why a trans woman should be given the right to conceive, as it goes against nature

I do not see why you should be given the right to vaccinations and antibiotics or just about any medical treatment, as it goes against nature.
Reply 9

You just went full Amish, man. Never go full Amish.

Spoiler

It's disgusting. There have been womb transplants to ciswomen, and even there I'm doubtful of the justifiability of such a procedure when surrogacy is available.

It seems like we are using medical technology to allow someone to pretend to be something they are no (a biological female). I am generally supportive of trans rights, but I don't think this is any way justifiable in terms of the risk to the offspring
Only real women (women who were born with female reproductive organs) should be able to have children. That is what God intended.
(edited 7 years ago)
This is good news.

If god didn't make such bad mistakes we wouldn't need to correct them
Original post by BaconandSauce
This is good news.

If god didn't make such bad mistakes we wouldn't need to correct them

Don't blame God for this. God is perfect and does not make mistakes. The trans people are to blame for this. They need to accept that they were made to be male if they have the male reproductive parts instead of rebelling against their Creator and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
Fantastic, though I'm not convinced I would want it funded by the NHS.
Original post by Trapz99
Don't blame God for this. God is perfect and does not make mistakes.

OMG (or OYG)

you are joking aren't you

Science has spent generations correcting his very sloppy work
Original post by BaconandSauce
OMG (or OYG)

you are joking aren't you

Science has spent generations correcting his very sloppy work

Nope. God is right.
Reply 17
Original post by Trapz99
This is actually horrendous. Only real women (women who were born with female reproductive organs) should be able to have children. That is what God intended. If you disagree with that then you are deluded imo

So why did God make people have gender dysphoria?
Reply 18
Original post by ByronicHero
Fantastic, though I'm not convinced I would want it funded by the NHS.

Yeah, the NHS does quite a crappy job when it comes to surgery.
Original post by loveleest
So why did God make people have gender dysphoria?

Gender dysphoria doesn't exist in my opinion. I know it's a recognised disorder and all but it is not recognised by everyone as a disorder.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending