Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am applying for extra time in my university exams due to medical reason, however, it says that the exams will take place at a different venue for those who have extra time. I don't know what to do. I feel like I'd rather have the normal amount of time and sit the exam where everyone else sits it.

Does anyone have any advice??
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by lizlizliz)
    I am applying for extra time in my university exams due to medical reason, however, it says that the exams will take place at a different venue for those who have extra time. I don't know what to do. I feel like I'd rather have the normal amount of time and sit the exam where everyone else sits it.

Does anyone have any advice??
    I d take the different room, it's always much more peaceful and it could reduce your exam anxiety a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely take the extra time. I hated the usual exam hall setup. With smaller groups of students who need things like breaks or extra time, exams tend to be in ordinary rooms. Plus my uni didn't have enough space for everyone to sit exams, so students used to get shipped all over the town to different hotel function rooms. Students with special considerations always had exams on campus.

ReputationRep:
    what's the problem with a separate room? I sat all my uni exams in a separate room, it is so much nicer... way more relaxed atmosphere, quieter, don't have to leave your bag in a giant pile, you can often leave whenever you want etc
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    To reiterate what others have said, I sit with just one other person for my exams, and I do quite like it!!! it's so much more relaxed (within exam regs ofcourse!) - usually it's just a standard room instead of a big hall with the crappy chair-tables as well, which makes it sooo much easier to write!

ReputationRep:
    Take the extra time.

Putting you in a separate room is purely so that you aren't disturbed when everyone else finishes and leaves while you're still writing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.