The Student Room Group

University exams & extra time

I am applying for extra time in my university exams due to medical reason, however, it says that the exams will take place at a different venue for those who have extra time. I don't know what to do. I feel like I'd rather have the normal amount of time and sit the exam where everyone else sits it.

Does anyone have any advice??
Original post by lizlizliz
I am applying for extra time in my university exams due to medical reason, however, it says that the exams will take place at a different venue for those who have extra time. I don't know what to do. I feel like I'd rather have the normal amount of time and sit the exam where everyone else sits it.

Does anyone have any advice??

I d take the different room, it's always much more peaceful and it could reduce your exam anxiety a lot.
Reply 2
Definitely take the extra time. I hated the usual exam hall setup. With smaller groups of students who need things like breaks or extra time, exams tend to be in ordinary rooms. Plus my uni didn't have enough space for everyone to sit exams, so students used to get shipped all over the town to different hotel function rooms. Students with special considerations always had exams on campus.
what's the problem with a separate room? I sat all my uni exams in a separate room, it is so much nicer... way more relaxed atmosphere, quieter, don't have to leave your bag in a giant pile, you can often leave whenever you want etc
To reiterate what others have said, I sit with just one other person for my exams, and I do quite like it!!! it's so much more relaxed (within exam regs ofcourse!) - usually it's just a standard room instead of a big hall with the crappy chair-tables as well, which makes it sooo much easier to write!
Take the extra time.

Putting you in a separate room is purely so that you aren't disturbed when everyone else finishes and leaves while you're still writing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending