The Student Room Group

What to text back when she cancels plans?

Been chatting to a girl I met recently, and we seem to really hit it off, we went out a few times and it was a laugh, but its been 2 times in a row she's cancelled the cinema, first she was coming down with a cold and had to rain check, I thought ok fair enough, and texts her get well soon. then I organised it for the following week, which is today, and she cancelled again saying sorry she forgot.

I want to let it slide, but I dont want to seem like a push over too, I don't want to keep begging to see her, I'm a bit disappointed,

Can anyone give me list of different ways to reply back, can be funny, jokey, friendly, mean jokey etc or normal replies.
If she didn't reply back and offered to rearrange, she's probably hinting that she's losing/lost interest. Move on perhaps. If someone truly wanted to meet with you they would make an effort to rearrange.
I'd personally text her something along the lines of no problem, look forward to seeing you, let me know when you're free :smile:

And that'd be the end of that. If she doesn't text then I'd move on, I wouldn't wait around for it either.
I don't know how I'd feel about someone forgetting.. but what can you do?

I don't personally go for women who feel it's my job to make all the plans. In a case like this I leave the ball in their court for them to come back with a suitable time/day.
Reply 3
First time was fine, give her the benefit of the doubt she might genuinely be ill, 'sorry I forgot' is an illegitimate response, it's incredibly rude and i'd say as much, followed by here's the door love don't bother texting me again. Before someone says 'that's bitter' no it's not, if she didn't want to make plans she shouldn't have said yes in the first place.

I don't have time for flakes.
(edited 8 years ago)
"**** you you fat whore, you need me man i dont need you"
Original post by whorace
First time was fine, give her the benefit of the doubt she might genuinely be ill, 'sorry I forgot' is an illegitimate response, it's incredibly rude and i'd say as much, followed by here's the door love don't bother texting me again. Before someone says 'that's bitter' no it's not, if she didn't want to make plans she shouldn't have said yes in the first place.

I don't have time for flakes.

Pretty much agree.

If someone cancels on you twice then you are really wasting your time. Twice back to back I should say! And she couldn't even think of a legitimate excuse lol.
Reply 6
Original post by TorpidPhil
Pretty much agree.

If someone cancels on you twice then you are really wasting your time. Twice back to back I should say! And she couldn't even think of a legitimate excuse lol.

Meh she might just be really lazy or selfish rather than disinterested. Best advice is to run from the lazy insecure types, they are incredibly controlling (in a passive aggressive way of course) due to trust issues, ridiculously hard to work out what they want.
'aw, no worries, let me know when you wanna rearrange'

then balls in her court, it might be a genuine mistake and it's just unlucky two things have happened togetehr or it might not, if it's genuine she'll rearrange and you'll know

don't be nasty about it, just leave the ball in her court
Reply 8
Original post by doodle_333

then balls in her court, it might be a genuine mistake and it's just unlucky two things have happened togetehr or it might not, if it's genuine she'll rearrange and you'll know

Agree with this, if she was interested then she would try to arrange another date but if you hear nothing i guess she is not interested.
Reply 9
Original post by doodle_333

I think that's really passive and just encourages her to mess him about, I don't like to defer to decisions :tongue:
Original post by whorace
Meh she might just be really lazy or selfish rather than disinterested. Best advice is to run from the lazy insecure types, they are incredibly controlling (in a passive aggressive way of course) due to trust issues, ridiculously hard to work out what they want.

Yep. For sure man.

It did not take me long to realise that. Only 3months of actively dating folk.
"Sorry I forgot" just sounds lame tbh. Being ill I do understand though.

If I make plans, I do tend to mark them in my diary and do ensure that I do actually remember them.
Reply 12
"Your loss"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending