Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

My name is Tommy, I'm from Panama. I would like to know the acceptance rate or if it's too hard to get in the U of Reading. My program of choice is Food Science, not an extraordinary student but I have good grades in High School and Med School but the program ask for 88 in TOELF, and I have 86.

Hope you could help me out. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fzero17tomm)
    Hello,

My name is Tommy, I'm from Panama. I would like to know the acceptance rate or if it's too hard to get in the U of Reading. My program of choice is Food Science, not an extraordinary student but I have good grades in High School and Med School but the program ask for 88 in TOELF, and I have 86.

Wot is that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    LOL. What do you mean?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by fzero17tomm)
    Hello,

Hi Tommy,

According to the 'WhichUniversity' website 87% of applicants receive offers, according to UCAS figures. Obviously each applicant is different and as you are applying as an international student and have different exam types, I would suggest getting in contact with our international office, as they are probably best suited to help you. Here is the link http://www.reading.ac.uk/Study/inter...int-staff.aspx

However what I would suggest if you are only just below the entry requirements on your application, maybe giving it a go, as if your application is strong in other area they might really like you. Here is the link to the the food sciences page http://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-st...d-science.aspx

But I definitely suggest getting in contact with the international office as they will be able to help you best. But feel free to ask me any other questions.

Emma
    2nd Year human and physical geography

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.