The Student Room Group

i'm so stressed about gcses

Scroll to see replies

Original post by davinaxo
It is stressful because if you want to go to a good uni u need the grades and getting them isn't easy in A level.

oh i see! good luck on them then :smile:
Reply 21
Thanks good luck with GCSEs just remember it's not the end of the world
Original post by caitlinford3
I'm in the same boat

I understand the significance of GCSE's - and that they don't have much importance beyond getting into sixth form, but the fact my family / friends think I will get straight A*'s and that I KNOW I can get straight A*s makes me anxious that I won't be meeting my own expectations as well as theirs (although my family wouldn't be disappointed if I didn't get straight A*'s - they're not like that - but it's just the fact I've got the name in my friend group and in my family as the 'clever one' I feel like I have a lot to live up to)

ahh yeh i understand! the entire pressure of getting really good grades does take its toll, but i think you shouldn't put too much pressure on yourself :smile: having really high expectations can cause so much stress, but it's good that you know that you can get them and set goals for yourself :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
ahh yeh i understand! the entire pressure of getting really good grades does take its toll, but i think you shouldn't put too much pressure on yourself :smile: having really high expectations can cause so much stress, but it's good that you know that you can get them and set goals for yourself :smile:

very true :smile:
im in yr 9 rn and rlly scared abt gcses. anyway I winder how u did
they are though

Quick Reply