Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i'm so stressed about gcses Watch

(Original post by davinaxo)
    It is stressful because if you want to go to a good uni u need the grades and getting them isn't easy in A level.
    oh i see! good luck on them then

ReputationRep:
    Thanks good luck with GCSEs just remember it's not the end of the world

(Original post by caitlinford3)
    I'm in the same boat

I understand the significance of GCSE's - and that they don't have much importance beyond getting into sixth form, but the fact my family / friends think I will get straight A*'s and that I KNOW I can get straight A*s makes me anxious that I won't be meeting my own expectations as well as theirs (although my family wouldn't be disappointed if I didn't get straight A*'s - they're not like that - but it's just the fact I've got the name in my friend group and in my family as the 'clever one' I feel like I have a lot to live up to)
    ahh yeh i understand! the entire pressure of getting really good grades does take its toll, but i think you shouldn't put too much pressure on yourself having really high expectations can cause so much stress, but it's good that you know that you can get them and set goals for yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ahh yeh i understand! the entire pressure of getting really good grades does take its toll, but i think you shouldn't put too much pressure on yourself having really high expectations can cause so much stress, but it's good that you know that you can get them and set goals for yourself
    very true

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.