The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
lol it might sounds like a joke but I haven't started my revision yet and I planned to start today but I ended up playing games. I have 13 exams left (just done 3 practicals, one for each science subject)...
^ If I were, you, I would be STRESSING right now :p:
oh yeah-a pure crammer
my chemistry exam is next week and i haven't even started revising, also for m1 and biology..same thing LOL i guess im the worst out there
Reply 23
city_chic
^ If I were, you, I would be STRESSING right now :p:

you know what?! I wish I was stressing! Because I work very efficiently when I am stressed but I don't even know why I am not motivated XD my friends once said..
'so getting into blah uni is not motivating enough?"
and I said "it should be just somehow I don't feel pressurised"
"If you don't feel pressurised to get 3As then I don't even know what to do with you"
"erm maybe I will just die so you don't need to do anything with me"
Reply 24
gorilla_baby
oh yeah-a pure crammer
my chemistry exam is next week and i haven't even started revising, also for m1 and biology..same thing LOL i guess im the worst out there

the worst is when you are trying to revise 4 subjects together from AS to A2 for synoptic materials ^^
For chemistry I advise you to do as many past papers as possible and learn their model answers. For M1, just spend some time every day and practice a few questions for a bit. And for biology AS biology was pure memory work :smile: good luck with that ^^ biology cramming works quite well because as long as you have good short term memory, just regurgitate your text book :wink:
Reply 25
I'm a crammer too. But it's not because I procrastinate it's simply because I cannot revise the way everyone's encouraged to. I've tried, and I forget everything within a week.
I don't quite cram to the extreme of some cases further up, but I tend to stay up very very late or sometimes all night, generally for one or two nights before the exam. This is where Red Bull is a godsend. I usually catch up on sleep after the exam and get ready for the next one in the same fashion.

We all know it's not good for us, but if it's working for you and getting the grades you need then do it. It's not like you do it every day of the year, it's a two/three week period twice a year if that.

Personally, I prefer a few weeks of that than failing and having to repeat years etc. It's pretty much the lesser of two evils.
I'm hoping to become the worlds best crammer this week. I have 2 hrs of Politics on Tuesday 5th and 3hrs of chemistry followed by 2 hrs of History on the 6th. I haven't started revising for any of them....Tommorrow it begins :frown: I want 2A's and a B too.

Wish me luck
Reply 27
gorilla_baby
oh yeah-a pure crammer

i think we're in the same boat, aye !
3 biology exams...and 2 chemistry
not even looked at 2 of the biology modules, and none of chemistry.

YAY CRAMMING UNTIL 6AM !
Spoog!
I'm a crammer too. But it's not because I procrastinate it's simply because I cannot revise the way everyone's encouraged to. I've tried, and I forget everything within a week.
I don't quite cram to the extreme of some cases further up, but I tend to stay up very very late or sometimes all night, generally for one or two nights before the exam. This is where Red Bull is a godsend. I usually catch up on sleep after the exam and get ready for the next one in the same fashion.

We all know it's not good for us, but if it's working for you and getting the grades you need then do it. It's not like you do it every day of the year, it's a two/three week period twice a year if that.

Personally, I prefer a few weeks of that than failing and having to repeat years etc. It's pretty much the lesser of two evils.

That is exactly like me and to be honest I get very stressed during that period of cramming but the stress helps me take it all in and I usually end up with decent grades anyway.
Reply 29
if they're diabetic excess caffeine mightnt be the best idea
I thought diabetics were only affected by sugar (glycagon?). You can see why i didn't continue biology.
Reply 31
I was really stressed in the beggining before my Lit exam but, now, after I've experienced an exam in GCSE conditions I am feeling no worries at all. There's 7 days till my gcse maths exam and I havn't even started revising yet. However, I'll start in two days which means I'll do 5 days of intense maths revision just for paper 5.
Reply 32
hey!
this is anam, nevermind tht, do u have any idea where i can get a hold of a set of delphi papers for M1, and how often do they publish them?
pls pls let me know asap, thank and good luck
take care
Reply 33
I didn't actually revise for my A-Levels.

I missed out on 'AAA' by a mark. Which, in essence, amounts to an admission of failure; but this is by the by.

Take that, crammers.
Reply 34
Cram for homework but never for exams... :s-smilie:
Staying up late cramming can't be good for you...

I don't like to cram, I would rather get a good nights sleep than cram all night.

Good sleep = awake in exams and maybe you can guess the answers better :P

I suppose it does depend on the subject though :s-smilie:

I didn't revise for my gcses...wish I did though..
Reply 36
i can't go into an exam feeling that i don't know everything! i can't sleep if i know that i'm not prepared for it! so i have to cram if i want any pre exam sleep at all!
Reply 37
I always cram but next week I have 7 exams in 4 days (GCSE) and somehow I DOUBT cramming would work...
Reply 38
I'm a crammer. Revised the day before for my Philosophy AS. Revised on the day for English Lang/Lit. I'm the same with all deadlines though. I finished my English coursework a week late and got 24/25. I started preparing my Philosophy synoptic paper (4000 word timed essay) two days before it. It's just the only thing that works for me.

I'm starting to revise a bit for A2's, which start in 13 days, now though, to save myself some stress. It's not working at all.
Why do you guys have so much exam?

I'm in Scotland and I'm not familiar with how english system works, sounds like fun though. Here, we only do like 5 subjects/papers at Scottish Higher (AS) or normally 3 subjects if people decide to move on to Advanced Higher. (A2)

Latest