The Student Room Group

I'm a 14 year old Muslim Boy...

---
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
You're not responsible.
You aren't responsible. Very, very few people genuinely believe your average Muslim is involved with ISIS in any shape or form.
The people online are usually either emotional over the current wave of attacks or trolling for the kick of it. They aren't representative of normal people.
its not you ppl are having concerns about, and whats happened is not of your doing. You should live your life asa peaceful, muslim tolerant of others and people will treat you just fine. just make sure if any of your friends in school or online start becoming radicalised or talking about islam in a political context, you report them immediatly
Reply 4
tbh you have better things to worry about other than tearrism terrore what its likeg to be goinge when like 15/16
Happened to me too. I wondered why tsr hit islam so hard. You know what? I dove into the rabbit hole and realised a lot of the critisim was legitmate. And left. But in your case don't take what people say online to heart. You didnt plan the attack. It's still painful for me sometimes seeing how dehumanising people are online to any group. Good luck focus on school.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
You are not responsible.
There are always going to be the stupid and ignorant people who want to use a certain group as a scapegoat. A good example is how Hitler used Jewish people as a scapegoat for Germany losing WW1, it wasn't their fault and neither is it yours that these terrible events happened.
Original post by iRighteous
Hey, I think am depressed or something, with all this hate against Muslims and stuff. I can't even do something on the Internet without seeing a comment like kill all muslims and stuff. Especially how #StopMuslims. Like it's not my fault that some lunatics are blowing stuff up. Why do i have to be responsible for what they do. i cant even sleep at night cause thats all that comes on my minds, even now its 2am and i have school at 7 but i cant sleep even if i try. idk man. I try to ignore everything but its not workingg. my head hurts 24/7. i just want to live my life am not a terrorist, im not gna blow someone up just because some other guy did and happened to be the same religion as me :frown:

There is a story I read on an event that happened in a cafe in Vienna. So there were two Muslims girls sitting in a cafe, one of whom was wearing a hijab. They were sitting next to a wall, but on the other side of the wall was a group 5 or so people who were having a rather loud conversation. This conversation they were having however involved them speaking negatively about Muslims and Islam. The two girls were upset to hear what the people were saying about Muslims and Islam. The girl without the hijab was tempted to go up and confront them, but her friend told her not to. Instead, her friend called over the waitress and asked if she could pay the bill for the people on the table behind the wall. She then proceeded to pay for their food and drink and then wrote a short message on the bill and wrote her email address down too. She then asked the waitress to give the people on the table behind the wall the bill once she had left the cafe. Some days later she received an email from one of the guys apologising for what he had said.

Basically, your actions have the potential to change peoples views. Peoples views and opinions are not set in stone.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Epicurean
There is a story I read on an event that happened in a cafe in Vienna. So there were two Muslims girls sitting in a cafe, one of whom was wearing a hijab. They were sitting next to a wall, but on the other side of the wall was a group 5 or so people who were having a rather loud conversation. This conversation they were having however involved them speaking negatively about Muslims and Islam. The two girls were upset to hear what the people were saying about Muslims and Islam. The girl without the hijab was tempted to go up and confront them, but her friend told her not to. Instead, her friend called over the waitress and asked if she could pay the bill for the people on the table behind the wall. She then proceeded to pay for their food and drink and then wrote a short message on the bill and wrote her email address down too. She then asked the waitress to give the people on the table behind the wall the bill once she had left the cafe. Some days later she received an email from one of the guys apologising for what he had said.

Basically, your actions have the potential to change peoples views. Peoples views and opinions are not set in stone.

well said:smile:
Do you look like a girl? I'm Muslim too, by the way.
its sad that at this age you have to go through this
but there are always going to be good people and theres always going to be bad people
people who understand and people that dont
you just make sure you do the right thing
and its true, people online get a little hyped, the media is potraying Muslims in a bad light but its a fight against these fools and you need to stand together with everyone and show them that a few idiots do not define you just because you follow the 'same' religion:rolleyes:
this is what these terrorists want you to think, that you do not fit in and it seems almost like thats what the media wants as well smh
but you cant let a few hyped people put you down
there are so many people that stand with you and understand that comparing you with some mad mans is ludicrous
so dont worry about it:smile:
sleep in peace everything will be fine:wink:
Hey, I think am depressed or something, with all this hate against Muslims and stuff. I can't even do something on the Internet without seeing a comment like kill all muslims and stuff. Especially how #StopMuslims. Like it's not my fault that some lunatics are blowing stuff up. Why do i have to be responsible for what they do. i cant even sleep at night cause thats all that comes on my minds, even now its 2am and i have school at 7 but i cant sleep even if i try. idk man. I try to ignore everything but its not workingg. my head hurts 24/7. i just want to live my life am not a terrorist, im not gna blow someone up just because some other guy did and happened to be the same religion as me

Hey, Im Muslim too, I see those things. But do you want to know how I get over it? Prove it that theyre wrong, that muslims are not terrorists. Don't just argue that we are not terrorists, show them that we are not terrorists. Show them that by your manners, behaviour, kindness. There are some people who just go with the flow. There are others who are too ignorant to see the truth. There are others too that understand the truth of our religion.

But dont get depressed. You know what, we as a nation (ummah) are going to be the best nation out of every other prophet's nation. Not because we are the largest or we had prophet Muhammad(pbuh), it is because we all suffered so much pain, that at death we are guaranteed paradise. So if you want to mentally get it over with, think this: The afterlife, each pain you get, is each sin you get wiped off (as said in the hadith). Therefore you should embrace your pain, for it is equivalent to embracing paradise in the afterlife. I know this is a lot to take in and hard to do, but same for me, this is why I feel sad about current day events but dont get depressed over it. I hope I solved your cause of depression.
Hey, I think am depressed or something, with all this hate against Muslims and stuff. I can't even do something on the Internet without seeing a comment like kill all muslims and stuff. Especially how #StopMuslims. Like it's not my fault that some lunatics are blowing stuff up. Why do i have to be responsible for what they do. i cant even sleep at night cause thats all that comes on my minds, even now its 2am and i have school at 7 but i cant sleep even if i try. idk man. I try to ignore everything but its not workingg. my head hurts 24/7. i just want to live my life am not a terrorist, im not gna blow someone up just because some other guy did and happened to be the same religion as me :frown:

same here bro!!! but some people don't understand that :cry:
Original post by The Epicurean

That's a cute story but is it true?
Reply 15
Dont get wound up over thoose who hate against us. They just look for excuses to say something they dont understand. I dont understand either but just go on with life and prove them wrong.
The story is from a biographical account. The author said it is true , so I shall take her word for it, but can never be 100% sure :tongue:
Be happy! You didn't do anything and those people wouldn't have the courage to say that to a child in real life :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending