The Student Room Group

will i get points for this?

edit: nvm
(edited 6 years ago)
A box junction doesn't mean 'No Stopping'.
It means do not enter unless your exit is clear.

Your exit was clear apart from roadworks partially blocking
Not sure how many points one gets for running a red light or whatever but I think it is at least 3.
to lose your license one must acquire 6 penalty points within the first 2 years.

I passed my test just over 5 years ago and have been driving now for just over 4 years. I was caught about 7 mph over the speed limit and instead of facing points, I was offered and accepted to take a speed awareness course, cost around £80 but it was over quick enough, and best of all no penalty points. you are only offered the course once in 3 years and not everybody get's the option to do it.
I'm sure there must be a course for red light jumpers too in place of receiving penalty points but am not sure if new drivers are applicable or not.

It is probably unlikely you will get any police letters regarding this but if you do then I doubt your license will be provoked, at worst you may get 3 points, and that could mean as you are a new driver who has just received points your insurer may refuse to further cover you or may increase your premium significantly.

Good Luck
Reply 3
You don't get box junction cameras because it's a moving traffic contravention. They need moving pictures from an approved device.

And by "they", I mean the council, as it's a civil issue so not one that you'd get points for.

As for the red light, as long as you are fully past the stop line before it turns red you're fine. Could it have flashed someone behind you?

Assuming you're the registered keeper, you'll have to wait 14 days to see if any mail comes about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending