The Student Room Group

Way Muslims brought up causes terrorism?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bornblue
Take a look at attacks in America and child abuse in Ireland and UK done under the name or scope of Christianity.

I agree that Islam is a dangerous ideology but they all are and we should focus on tackling all religious extremism and segregation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any ideological group will have its extremists, its whackos, its bad apples. But if the ideology is already extreme to begin with then you have a serious problem.

That group has minuscule support in comparison to Islamic State.
Original post by Bornblue
Take a look at attacks in America and child abuse in Ireland and UK done under the name or scope of Christianity.

I agree that Islam is a dangerous ideology but they all are and we should focus on tackling all religious extremism and segregation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't disagree, but the biggest problem is clearly Islamic. That is where the major focus need to be - that poses the greatest threat.

The French Government has decreed that everyone be told to open their coats before entering the 45,000 Churches in France on Easter Sunday in case a Muslim terrorist attempts to infiltrate with a suicide vest.

An overreaction? Maybe, but it comes to something when a sensible Government like France feels the need to issue such an edict.

They must have intelligence that this is a credible danger. Amazing.
Original post by generallee
I don't disagree, but the biggest problem is clearly Islamic. That is where the major focus need to be - that poses the greatest threat.

The French Government has decreed that everyone be told to open their coats before entering the 45,000 Churches in France on Easter Sunday in case a Muslim terrorist attempts to infiltrate with a suicide vest.

An overreaction? Maybe, but it comes to something when a sensible Government like France feels the need to issue such an edict.

They must have intelligence that this is a credible danger. Amazing.

Of course. It is the biggest problem but lets have an approach that tackles all problems and religious segregation and extremism generally rather than just targeting one group in a way likely to make ordinary Muslims turn towards extremism.
Original post by Truthseeker1
From what I know, Islam doesnt teach no where to kill civilians, these attacks that are happening on civilians is not Islam, Islam says that you can defend yourself phdically when being attacked as well as if someone comes to where you live, your land, and tries to kill you,you can fight and even kill them. Islam is a way of life for muslims.

Posted from TSR Mobile

well most faiths ( some much longer established than islam ) promote the right to self defence. where some ppl see a contradiction is when you look back at the actions of mohammed and the caliphates - they did not defend their land from others, they actively sought to take land that others held, and engaged in war with those that ddint want to change their native faiths and recognise mohammeds demand to be their new prophet and leader.
Original post by Frank Underwood
You're avoiding my point completely, you're overcomplicating it to a situation in which it is no longer relevant to my original point.

There were Muslims and Islam in the west long ago.

Just repeating a comment which has been (arguably) ripped to shreds, doesn't constitute sustaining a disputed point!

I have argued that your use of the phrase "the west" is meaningless and anachronistic. But we were talking about the UK, earlier, no? So shall we restrict ourself to that?

What historical epoch do you mean by "long ago?"
Original post by generallee
Just repeating a comment which has been (arguably) ripped to shreds, doesn't constitute sustaining a disputed point!

I have argued that your use of the phrase "the west" is meaningless and anachronistic. But we were talking about the UK, earlier, no? So shall we restrict ourself to that?

What historical epoch do you mean by "long ago?"

Yeah I'm wasting my time here.
Original post by Frank Underwood
Yeah I'm wasting my time here.

That is the most sensible thing you have said on this thread! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending