The Student Room Group

When to apply for Masters?

Hi,

I'm a final year undergrad and would like to start a Master's in September this year.

When do people typically apply for Master's courses? I know the deadline is in the summer but I don't want to leave it that late since there might not be any places left. On the other hand, if I apply now I haven't got any grades to show my academic performance.

Thanks.
Original post by Polar_
Hi,

I'm a final year undergrad and would like to start a Master's in September this year.

When do people typically apply for Master's courses? I know the deadline is in the summer but I don't want to leave it that late since there might not be any places left. On the other hand, if I apply now I haven't got any grades to show my academic performance.

Thanks.

For LSE/Oxbridge/UCL most people tend to apply at the start of their final year as places fill up quickly. You don't need final year grades, you'll get a conditional offer on the basis of your previous years.

Applications are still open so apply now as soon as possible.
You'll be given a conditional offer if the uni wants to take you but only with a particular grade, just like when you apply to undergraduate courses.

I recommend applying to masters courses as soon as you can because then you'll widen your options in terms of courses where places may fill up fast.
Reply 3
Ok, I'll get to it then, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending