Entered for wrong exam - Help? Watch

nuttynatty999
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, Y13 A2 student here and I am resitting 4 AS exams (OCR Maths C2 and S1, OCR Biology F212 and OCR Chemistry F322).

However I have just checked my exam timetable properly for the first time and it turns out that I have been entered to resit OCR Chemistry F321 (atoms, bonds and groups) rather than F322 (chains, energy and resources).

Last year I got an A in F321 and a C in F322 so just going along with the mistake isn't an option.

I definitely wrote F322 and even wrote chains, energy and resources as well on the form at school so it wasn't a mistake on my part.

Seeing as it is Easter no-one is at school to help resolve this, and I am worried that it is getting all to close to exam time. Is there anything I can do?
QUIETONE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Once school starts, the best thing to do would be to speak to the examiner or your head of year and get it changed ASAP
nuttynatty999
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by QUIETONE)
Once school starts, the best thing to do would be to speak to the examiner or your head of year and get it changed ASAP
Thanks a lot. Think I'm going to email the head of sixth form as well, seeing as he's my EPQ supervisor so *usually* replies.
QUIETONE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by nuttynatty999)
Thanks a lot. Think I'm going to email the head of sixth form as well, seeing as he's my EPQ supervisor so *usually* replies.
No worries, make sure you email them today, so that they can get back to you ASAP and atleast u have proof that you tried contacting them.
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
[QUOTE=nuttynatty999;63785473]Hi, Y13 A2 student here and I am resitting 4 AS exams (OCR Maths C2 and S1, OCR Biology F212 and OCR Chemistry F322).

However I have just checked my exam timetable properly for the first time and it turns out that I have been entered to resit OCR Chemistry F321 (atoms, bonds and groups) rather than F322 (chains, energy and resources).
I definitely wrote F322 and even wrote chains, energy and resources as well on the form at school so it wasn't a mistake on my part./QUOTE]

Talk to the exams office as soon as possible. The school can get a full refund for F321 if they withdraw you before 21 April. It will cost extra to enter for F322 at this point - who pays the late fee depends on who made the mistake!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • Middlesex University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (165)
18.48%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.19%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.57%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (130)
14.56%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.52%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.68%

Watched Threads