The Student Room Group

Down about ex

Broke up with my ex about a month ago and even though we were almost certainly incompatible I'm so sad that it ended.
Towards the end she was rude, inconsiderate and snapped at me, but I hate the idea of moving on - like it's not right that this is how things are between us now given how things were.

I don't know why, it just feels wrong to be apart...
How long were you together?

Break ups are hard and believe me I am in the same position as you right now. It does get easier over time. Time is the greatest healer. If got weren't compatible then surely you should be with someone who you are compatible with? Someone who makes you happy, someone who you want to be with and they want to be with you?

Hang in there mate... That's what I am doing (well trying)

Posted from TSR Mobile
It will feel wrong. That's the nature of a break-up.

It sucks to know that you weren't good enough for someone--that's what this whole ordeal feels like.

I like to say: Don't keep revisiting the past, because nothing will change.

You have to move forward. You have to do something that takes your mind off it--go out, revise lots, get good grades, win.

It will feel wrong. But you know what? You don't need her. You're no different now than you were then. Use this experience to better yourself.

Chin up, look up, be liberated.
Reply 3
The worst part about breaking up or being broken up with someone like that is you have the confusion of feelings, part of you remembers the good times and when she was nice, part of you remembers the times she hurt you, part of the time you spend doubting yourself, and the rest is the time you know you had to pull the trigger but you just weren't sure how to because you treat people with respect and she doesn't.
Original post by Anonymous
Broke up with my ex about a month ago and even though we were almost certainly incompatible I'm so sad that it ended.
Towards the end she was rude, inconsiderate and snapped at me, but I hate the idea of moving on - like it's not right that this is how things are between us now given how things were.

I don't know why, it just feels wrong to be apart...

It always feels wrong, in some way or another. Even if you're completely fallen out of love with them, it feels wrong because you've been together for such a length of time or because you know that you once had strong feelings towards them. Breaking up is hard.

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this. All I can say is that it will get better with time, even if that's perhaps not what you want to hear right now. Not all relationships end in a way that offers closure, mine sure as hell didn't, but you have to accept what is and do your best in the situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending