The Student Room Group
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

Psychology starting sept 16

Hi, I'm starting psychology at UEL in sept, but with a foundation year tagged on, any body else doing the foundation year first?
I did the foundation year this year, I'm transferring universities it's terrible there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website
Can i ask what has made it so awful in your experience?
Original post by maturestdent1988
Can i ask what has made it so awful in your experience?

It's so unorganised. I didn't get my student finance until November because they 'forgot' to tell SFE that I had enrolled and I was attending. I had an exam in January and I was told the night before the exam what room I was in after multiple phone calls and emails for a month beforehand. I've got a seen exam in a month and we've not even been told the question yet, and they're ignoring all of our emails.

The accommodation is shambles and once you're there they couldn't give a hoot, they charge you £10 if you leave your keys in your room.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for your feedback :smile: sounds like its abit disorganised, the accommodation wont be an issue for me as i wont be living on site but commuting from home.

May i ask what the hours are on the foundation year? is it 5 days a week or just a few days? just trying to figure out costs of travel ect. thanks
Original post by maturestdent1988
Thanks for your feedback :smile: sounds like its abit disorganised, the accommodation wont be an issue for me as i wont be living on site but commuting from home.

May i ask what the hours are on the foundation year? is it 5 days a week or just a few days? just trying to figure out costs of travel ect. thanks

I'm an organised person and it's added a lot of stress to my uni experience and in all honesty it's ruined it for me and I cannot wait to transfer.

My timetable was:
Monday: 11-1 and 3-5
Tuesday: 9-11 and 1-3

So 2 X 2h lectures 2 X a week :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to hear you've had a stressful time of it! Thanks for the info that's really helpful :smile:
Just one final thing if you don't mind, are the lectures based on the Stratford campus or docklands? Or a mixture of both? Thanks 😊
Fully the Stratford campus

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending