The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

How to calculate Degree ( BA honours)- Non- Dissertation Students

This thread is just for those in their final year who are still not sure how to estimate their degree for this year 2016.

In my case the marks in my second year are worth 40% and the marks in my third year are worth 60%. But if it is different in your case then just simply times it by the percentage that applies to you.

Each Module on my course is 30 credits and each year consists of 4 modules.

NOTE: on my course dissertation is not compulsory, therefore pupils are able to choose from either a dissertation or an extra module in the third year.

I have chosen the non dissertation route, so for those who have chosen to do a dissertation this thread will not relate to you :smile:

Name of Degree: BA (Honours) Education Studies
Name of university: UCL Institute of Education

Here is an example (marks are out of 100):

Year 1 (worth 0%)

Year 2 (worth 40%) : (60) + (72) + (70) + (62)= 264 (total)
264 (total) x 0.4= 105.6
105.6 ÷ 4 (because there are 4 modules)= 26.4

year 3 (worth 60%) : (66) + (68) + (74) + (76)= 284 (total)
284 (total) x 0.6= 170.4
170.4 ÷ 4 (because there are 4 modules)= 42.6

Now add the final totals together: 26.4 (yr 2) + 42.6 (yr 3)= 69% 60-69% is an Upper Second Class Honours in other words a 2:1 honours degree .If you have any questions please do reply to this thread, I welcome any questions regarding the non dissertation route on my course for new students deciding to apply here. Good luck to all of you in the final year! We can do this! :biggrin:Best wishes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending