The Student Room Group

HMRC reserve list

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Sebastian_Morris
Hi

New to this just wanted advise please help as I don't know what this exactly means

I'm writing to confirm that you have successfully reached the required standard in regards to your application, but unfortunately we are unable to offer you a job immediately.
As a result of this you will now be placed on the reserve list and considered for any future appointments within your location choices. Please note the reserve list will expire on Friday 2nd May 2017, and there will be no guarantee that you will receive a job offer within this period of time.

I applied for AO and got 14 marks in total

Acceptable Demonstration

does this mean I haven't got the job

Regards

You have passed but not immediately offered a job.

You are on a reserve list, if any further vacancies arise by 2nd May 2017 you will be offered a position . Don't want to get your hopes up but I work for HMRC and theres are many many opportunities arising in new year and your most likely will get a position, they are currently recruiting again as we speak externally for AOs and results are due in February, before they offer these positions they need to revisit current reserve lists and offer positions to those first.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Husk24
You have passed but not immediately offered a job.

You are on a reserve list, if any further vacancies arise by 2nd May 2017 you will be offered a position . Don't want to get your hopes up but I work for HMRC and theres are many many opportunities arising in new year and your most likely will get a position, they are currently recruiting again as we speak externally for AOs and results are due in February, before they offer these positions they need to revisit current reserve lists and offer positions to those first.

Thanks, Yes i seen that advertised on the gov website, let's hope i do get in,
Reply 42
Hi

New to this just wanted advise please help as I don't know what this exactly means

I'm writing to confirm that you have successfully reached the required standard in regards to your application, but unfortunately we are unable to offer you a job immediately.
As a result of this you will now be placed on the reserve list and considered for any future appointments within your location choices. Please note the reserve list will expire on Friday 2nd May 2017, and there will be no guarantee that you will receive a job offer within this period of time.

I applied for AO and got 14 marks in total

Acceptable Demonstration

does this mean I haven't got the job

Regards

Welcome to the nightmare which is HMRC recruitment lol. You may well get offered something but it may still take ages. Don't sit around waiting in it as you'll drive yourself crazy. Just hope for the best and in the meantime keep applying for other jobs.
Yes indeed
Original post by dagoro1
Welcome to the nightmare which is HMRC recruitment lol. You may well get offered something but it may still take ages. Don't sit around waiting in it as you'll drive yourself crazy. Just hope for the best and in the meantime keep applying for other jobs.

Did you get the job finally?
Reply 45
Did you get the job finally?

Hahahahahahahahahaha. I received a provisional offer in September and am waiting for a formal offer and for pre-employment checks to be finished. I won't believe it until I actually set foot in the door on my first day lol.
Original post by dagoro1
Hahahahahahahahahaha. I received a provisional offer in September and am waiting for a formal offer and for pre-employment checks to be finished. I won't believe it until I actually set foot in the door on my first day lol.

Good luck
Hi Guys,

I got offered an provisional offer today for the AO role and have filled in the online form where it asks for references and sent it off do I need to send anything else off or is that it?
Hi Guys,

I got offered an provisional offer today for the AO role and have filled in the online form where it asks for references and sent it off do I need to send anything else off or is that it?

Where are you going to be based?
Original post by Rastaman12
Where are you going to be based?

Manchester
Reply 50
Hi Guys,

Congratulations. Well done.
Thank you

it still a long process as of yet
god knows how long the provisional check will take
Thank you

it still a long process as of yet
god knows how long the provisional check will take

When did you have your interview bud? I had mine in January for Liverpool had the we will be in touch in 10 day email last Monday but nothing since.
I been on a reserve list since December
But had interview in September
I been on a reserve list since December
But had interview in September

Did you apply again for the 044r jobs in December?
Original post by Tompatto93

I got an offer from the September interviews

Oh right where you on a reserve list I guess? I just had a email abou them saying I passed the interview but couldn't tell me weather I would be offered a position or placed on a reserve list that's the last I heard, they said 10 days and I would know a outcome.

Yes I did they probably put me on a reserve list on that too
Oh right where you on a reserve list I guess? I just had a email abou them saying I passed the interview but couldn't tell me weather I would be offered a position or placed on a reserve list that's the last I heard, they said 10 days and I would know a outcome.

Yeah I was on the reserve list, my friend did the interview in Jan and got an offer last week I think

Did you apply in Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending